Chapter 8

Caitlan's POV:

It's been a couple of weeks since we moved to Alexandria. There's a few kids our age. There's this one girl Enid, she seems alright but I think Carl likes her. I mean it hurts because me and Carl have been together just about a year but he told me that he only wants to be with me. I really hope that's true.

So the tower has fallen through the wall and walkers have found their way through. We're currently in Jessie's home, hiding out. However Carl and Ron started to fight in the garage (they said they weren't but I knew they were) and walkers have found their way through. So we've covered bedsheets in walker guts and put them over our heads and headed out to the armoury. We realised though that we wouldn't make it so we were gonna head to the quarry. Father Gabriel took Judith back to the church and we carried on. However Sam (Jessie's youngest) broke down and well that caused attention to the walkers. Sam got bit and ripped apart, as did Jessie. Ron (Jessie's eldest) then pointed a gun at Rick but Michonne stabbed him with her katana. The gun went off and shot Carl's right eye. "D-Dad" he stuttered. "Carl!" I sobbed. I caught him before he fell. Rick picked him up and we all ran to the infirmary. Denise saw to him straight away. "You should wait with the others Caitlan." Rick told me. "I'm staying Rick. I ain't leaving until he wakes up." I smiled through my tears.

Both me and Rick stayed at the infirmary for two days. Thankfully Carl woke up. "Carl?" Me and Rick said simultaneously relieved. "P-please go. I don't want you s-seeing me like this." Carl croaked. I put my hand to Carl's face. "I'm going nowhere Carl. I love you for who you are. And what happened doesn't make me love you any less." I said quietly and planted a kiss on his head. Carl looked at me and smiled.

A few weeks later, Daryl, Sasha and Abraham had come back from a run. Everyone was in our house. Me and Carl were reading comics (yes I now love comics). They said that they ran in with some people and that half their shit now belongs to someone called Negan. I gasped when I heard that name. Everyone looked at me, suspiciously. "Do you know something about this Negan, Cait?" Michonne asked me. Thankfully I'm a brilliant liar. "Nope. My chest just tightened a bit. I'm ok." I smiled convincingly. "She's lying." Rosita sneered. Everyone (except me and Carl) went outside to discuss. "We've decided to put you in the cell under the house until tomorrow morning Caitlan." Rick said quietly. "What? Dad-" Carl tried to argue but Rick just grabbed me and took me outside and into the cell. "No Rick please! You know I'm claustrophobic!" I sobbed. He just locked me into the cell and left. A panic attack was starting. I was shaking the bars like crazy to try and get out. I was sobbing and crying. Next thing I knew I blacked out and felt my head hit something hard...

The next morning I woke up on the floor. I've been unconscious for hours. My wrist was hurting really bad. I lifted it up and it was covered in blood. I must have had a seizure and it scraped like crazy on the concrete. It was early morning and Rick came in. He didn't say anything to me. But he's off to kill Saviours at an outpost. I can't stay here. Not after what Rick did to me.

Rick and the others left straight after I was let out of the cell. I went inside and upstairs and my heart shattered - Carl and Enid kissing. "What the fuck!" I sobbed. "You lied to me Carl!" I went over to my chest of drawers and starting packing. "W-What are you doing Caitlan?" Carl asked. "Leaving!" I snapped. I packed all of my belongings and took a bottle of water. Spencer let me out of the gates. Where am I off? I'm off to find my dad!

I was running a good couple of hours. I came across a clearing and I heard people. I heard them talk about Negan. These are my dad's people. I walked out with my arms above my head, to show I was no threat. I had guns pointed at me. "Look I ain't looking for trouble. I wanna help. I'm looking for Negan." I said confidently. Everyone laughed, then this one guy approached me. He looked a bit pervy. "We are Negan." He smirked. "Yeah but you ain't tall, donning a leather jacket or got a bat called Lucille." I retaliated. Next thing I knew, I was knocked out.