Chapter 23

Caitlan's POV:

So mom is due any time now. Lily is now 2. But dad, Rick, Michonne, Carl, Daryl and a few others are going on a run that'll last quite a few days.

Mom just got back from her last ultrasound, Lily is having her midday nap. "What's the gender of the twins darling?" Dad asked. "We're having one of each!" Mom said happily. "What we thinking for names?" I asked. "Well for the girl, I was thinking Lucy. After Lucille." Mom smiled. Me and dad both teared up. "And for the boy?" Dad asked. "I actually want Cait to choose." She kissed my cheek. "How about Freddie?" I suggested. "As in Krueger?" Mom asked confused. Me and dad laughed. "Freddie Mercury. Queen?" Dad replied and mom laughed. "Ohhh. Yeah I love that name." "Me too." Dad smiled.

Today, dad and the others are off on a run. Me and Lily didn't want dad to go. "I'll miss ya daddy. We both will." I said. "I'll miss you too babygirl. And mom." Dad hugged us before leaving. Carl brought Judith to ours before they all left. Judith is staying with us for a few days. "Be careful." I said quietly and gave Carl a kiss. "I will." Both Lily and Judith said "ewwww" giggling.

That evening, I told mom to relax and I made dinner for the four of us. I made shepherds pie. "This is delicious Cait!" Mom smiled as she ate. "Do you girls like it?" I asked Lily and Judith, and they both nodded smiling.

After dinner I got both girls ready for bed, Judith is sleeping with Lily. Lily has a bed now. I tucked them both in and they fell asleep almost instantly.

Me and mom sat and watch tv for a while before we headed upstairs to bed. "You sure you're gonna be ok mom?" "Positive darling. Night." I gave mom a hug before going to bed.

I woke up to both Lily and Judith standing next to my bed crying. "We scared Cakey. We sweep wiv you?" Lily sobbed. "You know you don't have to ask. Come on." I lifted both girls up and they cuddled up to either side of me. They both fell back asleep instantly.

The next morning, both girls were still fast asleep so I gently got out of bed and wrapped them back up.

After I went to the bathroom, I heard mom groan. I went in the room. "You ok mom?" "I think the twins are coming Cait." She moaned in pain. "I-I'll go get Siddiq." I panicked. "No. Don't leave me please Cait." She begged. Looks like I gotta deliver my brother and sister then...

"Come on mom you can do it!" I encouraged mom as I saw a head crowning. "Cakey? What wong wiv momma?" Lily came in holding her teddy as Judith followed her. "Our brother and sister are nearly here Lil. Why don't you go play with Judith for a bit?" I suggested. "Okay Cakey." She smiled and walked out holding Judith's hand.

Mom gave the big push and the first baby popped out, a boy. I cut the umbilical cord and handed him to mom. "Here's Freddie mom." I smiled and she gently cradled him. A minute later, I gently put him in the baby basket. "Ready for Lucy?" I asked and mom nodded.

About ten minutes later, Lucy arrived. "Want me to go get Siddiq now mom?" I asked exhausted. "Yes please darling." Mom smiled holding the twins.

I went to get Siddiq and told him what happened. "You delivered them both? Wow. Would you be interested in being the Alexandria midwife?" He asked. "I'll talk to my mom and dad, when dad's back." I replied and he said he'll teach me.

When we got back, Siddiq checked mom over and she was ok. After he left both girls came in. "Wanna meet our brother and sister Lil?" I asked and Lily nodded excitedly. I lifted both her and Judith on the bed next to mom. "Wiw oo stiw wuv me Cakey?" Lily asked abit upset. "Hey of course I will. We're both big sisters now and I'll always love you just as much." I smiled and she cuddled into me. "An me?" Judith asked, "of course Judith." I smiled.

Three days later, dad and the others came back. I've been helping mom look after the twins as well as Lily and Judith. I'm absolutely exhausted.

Dad, Carl, Rick, Daryl and Michonne all came to ours. When dad walked in, he saw the twins in their baskets. "When-?" He asked. "Three days ago. Cait delivered them." Mom smiled and dad lifted me up into a huge hug. "I'm proud of you darling." He whispered. "Thanks daddy. Umm when I got Siddiq the other day, he offered me a job as a midwife. I said I'd talk to you two first." "Go for it sweetheart." Mom smiled. "I agree, you'll be amazing babygirl." Dad grasped me into another hug.

Everyone spent the day at ours, Lily sat on my knee mainly. But it was good to have dad and the others home. I missed dad so much.

That's this chapter guys! Hope y'all like it.