Chapter 7

Caitlan's POV:

So it's been a little over a year. We had an encounter with some cannibals but we killed them. We reunited with everyone and me, Carl, Rick and Michonne were relieved to see that Judith was alive (Tryese saved her. He got bit a little while ago though). Some guy called Aaron had caught up with us, telling us that there is a community called Alexandria. We all went with him and it turns out he was telling the truth. We've been introduced to the community leader, Deanna. She took us to a house and said she'd like to interview us all at some point. She also said that she's hosting a party to welcome us later.

I got called to Deanna's house after Rick and Carl. "It's nice to see you Caitlan. I've just got a few questions to ask you." She had a video recorder recording me. "First of all, how did you come to joining Rick and the others?" "I was running for hours. I came across them at the prison and they accepted me. I became one of them." I told her. "And what happened to your parents?" "My momma died at the beginning of the apocalypse. And my dad he's still alive I know he is. The place where we were camping at, it was invaded by walkers. He knew how bad my claustrophobia was and he told me to run. I didn't want to but he promised he'd find me." I felt myself tear up. "I'm sorry to hear that Caitlan. But what makes you so sure your father is still alive?" She asked sympathetically. "Just a gut instinct. My dad has never broke any of his promises to me. I know he'll find me. And hopefully he'll become a member of this community too." "What's your father's name? If I'm ok to ask." I had to think of a cover up name. I can't put my dad in danger by telling people his name. "Jeffrey. His name is Jeffrey." "Thank you Caitlan. I'll see you at the party later." Deanna smiled at me.

I went back to the house. "Glad that's over with." I said relieved. Rick said for tonight we're all gonna stay under one roof until it's confirmed we're safe here. "Anyway is the bathroom free? I really need a shower." I asked. "Actually I was just about to go for one Cait." Carl said. "Oh ok, you go. I'll go after." I smiled. But we ended up bickering who should go first, I insisted Carl should go and Carl insisted I should. This went on for a good couple of minutes. Then Rick interrupted. "Both of you go for a shower." "Dad you sure?" Carl asked confused. "Yes, just if you decide to do.... anything make sure you use protection." He smirked, knowing it'd embarrass us. Me and Carl went up to the bathroom.

If I'm being honest, I am a bit nervous. And I knew Carl was too. But we both took off our clothes and got in the shower. "You look beautiful Cait." Carl whispered. "Thanks Carl." Carl held my waist and brought me closer. We kissed. Pretty passionately too. The warm water felt so good. Last time I had a good shower was before all of this began. Carl pushed me up against the shower wall and we had sex. We were both nervous at first but we did use protection. Afterwards, me and Carl both got washed and helped each other to wash our hairs. It felt really good to get a warm shower.

I wrapped myself in a towel (and one around my hair) and Carl put one around his waist too.  We both went downstairs to earn a few smirks off everyone. "Bathroom's free." I said and Rick went upstairs to get showered. Michonne was holding Judith and Judith reached her arms out to me. "Ok then missy, come here." I smiled. I sat on the sofa with Judith on my knee. "Carl do you wanna get ready first?" I asked and Carl went upstairs to get changed. Judith looked up at me smiling, and gently hit my chest. I pretended it hurt and she was giggling like crazy. Everyone was just chatting amongst themselves.

Rick and Carl both came downstairs. Rick was clean shaven. "Wow. So that's what was behind all that man bush Rick!" I laughed, which caused everyone else to. I stood up with Judith and handed her over to Carl whilst I went upstairs to get ready. Before we came to Alexandria, a little while ago we all needed some new clothes - we had a scavenge in a clothes store. I found a cute black dress and some small black heels. I've actually never been good with hair or makeup so I shouted of Rosita. "Hey. Umm I was wondering if you good help me with my hair and makeup?" I asked her. "Yeah of course." She smiled. She left the room so I could get into my dress. "Wow. That dress is gorgeous on you." She said to me. Rosita first did my hair - there was a curling iron in the room so she curled my hair, and she put a cute red lipstick on for me. I looked in the mirror and to be honest I didn't really recognise myself. I went downstairs and everyone looked at me in awe. "Holy shit." Carl said. "Language." Rick told him off.

Once we were all ready we headed over to Deanna's. "It's nice to see you all!" She said happily, approaching us. "I never got the chance to interview this one though." She smiled at Judith in Carl's arms. Me and Carl basically stuck together at the party. Rick took a picture of me and Carl, and one with me Carl and Judith. I had one of Carol's cookies - they're pretty amazing. I broke some off for Judith though. "That nice sweetie?" I asked her and she reached her arms out to me. I held Judith and bounced her in my arms. She was giggling like crazy. Carl was just stood there looking at me admiringly. "What?" I smiled. "You're great with her." "Thanks." Carl leant in and kissed me. "Have you got her bottle? I think she wants some milk." I asked. He went over to Rick and got her milk bottle. I found a spot on a sofa and sat down so Judith could have her bottle.

After about 20 minutes, Judith fell asleep. Carl was stood with Rick and Michonne. I gently lifted Judith up and walked over to them. "Hey. I'm gonna head back with Judith." I said quietly. "I'll come with you." Carl said. "You sure?" Carl smiled and nodded.

When we got back to the house, Carl got Judith's pyjamas and I changed her diaper and got her into her pyjamas, before gently putting her in her crib. Me and Carl got into our pyjamas and since we're all sticking together under one roof me and Carl got our sleeping bags and chose a spot on the floor. I cuddled up to Carl. "I love you Cait." he said quietly. I looked up at Carl. "I love you too." Me and Carl shared a kiss before we fell asleep.

That's this chapter guys! I hope y'all like it!