Chapter 22

Caitlan's POV:

Thankfully, after a few day's worth of rest my throat is better. Dad and Rick aren't exactly best buds, but they've agreed to be civil. It's a start I suppose.

Me, Mom, Dad and Lily have just had breakfast. Lily and Judith have become so close. Every time Carl comes over, he always brings Judith.

"We gowout Cakey?" Lily asked. "Course, wanna go in your stroller?" I smiled as she nodded. "She's definitely like you Cait. You always hated walking at that age. You either went in the stroller or had to be carried." Dad chuckled. I got Lily into her stroller. "Tetty!" She reaches out clasping her palms towards her teddy. I gave her it and she snuggled it into her neck. "See you in a bit." I gave mom and dad a hug before heading outside with Lily.

We walked around Alexandria. Well I walked and just pushed Lily along in her stroller. A fair few of the Alexandrians gave us some horrible looks but I just ignored them. Then Enid came up to me. "Don't. Just don't Enid. I'm just out here spending time with my sister." "I just don't know how Rick Carl and Michonne are seeing passed yours and your dads bullshit!" She snarled. "We ain't bullshitting!" I retorted. Next thing I knew, she snatched Lily's teddy off her. "Tetty!" Lily sobbed reaching her arms out, clasping her hands for her teddy. "Give my sister back her teddy!" I yelled. "Nah I don't think so!" Enid smirked. Lily is sobbing her heart out. I lost it and punched Enid in her face. She dropped the teddy, which I managed to catch it before it fell to the ground and I gave it to Lily. "You come near me, or my sister again, I won't hesitate to kill you." I whispered but Enid was still on the ground, holding her bust nose. "What's going on?" Daryl and Rick came over. "Just warning Enid. She snatched my sister's teddy off her. So just warning her that if she comes near either of us again I won't hesitate to kill her." I shrugged before carrying on pushing Lily.

As we kept going round Alexandria, I saw someone that I thought I'd never see again, after she fled the Sanctuary: Sherry. "What are you doing here?" I asked bluntly. "Rick found me out there and brought me back here a couple months ago." She replied. "You mean after you released Daryl and framed Carson?" I smirked. Her face fell. "How-?" She started. "I ain't as dumb as you think. And you just confirmed that my suspicion was right." Before she could say anything else, I headed back home.

Before I went inside, I checked on Lily, her face was all red and blotchy from crying but she was fast asleep. I pushed the stroller inside. Dad and mom saw us come in but I put my finger to my lips so they didn't wake her up. "Rick came by and said you punched Enid?" Mom said. "Yeah. She said that me and dad are bullshitting and she took Teddy off Lily. She wouldn't give her Teddy back so I bust her nose and threatened to kill her if she came near either of us again." I shrugged. "That's my girl!" Dad came up and pulled me into a hug whilst mom rolled her eyes.

After about half an hour, Lily woke up. I got her out of her stroller and she climbed up onto my knee. There was a knock on the door - mom opened it and it was Daryl. "Well. What can we do for ya Daryl?" Dad asked with a huge grin. "Look I ain't here to say we can be best buds, hunting and drinking together. But I've come to truce. If Rick can forgive and be civil then so can I. I don't want to, but Caitlan was once part of our family and we were assholes to her. She was just defending her dad. Truce?" He held his hand out and dad grinned and shook it. "Truce."

Not long after Daryl left, the four of us sat in the living room. "Oh dad. I forgot to tell ya. Sherry's here." Dad looked livid. "What?" "She said Rick brought her here a couple months ago. And it was her that let Daryl free from the Sanctuary and framed Carson." Dad stormed outside. "Shit." Me, mom and Lily ran out after him. "Up Up Cakey!" Lily reached her arms up and I picked her up and followed after mom and dad.

When we caught up, Dad was shouting at Sherry. I wasn't really paying attention because Lily was crying. Carl came out and told me to go to his.

As soon as we went inside, Lily ran straight to Judith and they played together. I sat on the sofa and Carl sat next to me, he looked pretty annoyed. "You punched Enid and threatened to kill her?" Is he serious? "Yes Carl I did. She said me and dad are bullshitting, and she took Lily's teddy off her and refused to give her it back. So I bust her nose gave Teddy back to Lily and told Enid not to come near us again." I shrugged. Carl sighed. "Carl when it comes to the people I love, I'll do anything. You saw that when I saved dad's life!" I felt myself tear up and Carl brought me in a hug. "I know. I'm sorry." Lily came over and climbed up on my knee. "Don cwy Cakey!" She cuddled into me. "I'm ok sweetie." I smiled and kissed her head.

Everyone came in and dad was still raging. "You stay with Carl and Judith sweetie." I whispered to Lily. I went to the kitchen. "What happened?" I asked. "Your dad confronted Sherry, it all kicked off and she slapped his face. So I bust her nose." Mom told me. "Are you ok dad?" I asked. "Course I am." Dad smiled at me. "So how bust was Sherry's nose?" I asked mom. "Worse than Enid's" Rick said trying not to laugh. "Never mess with a pregnant woman or her family." Mom laughed. I grabbed some ice and put it to dad's face. "Thanks babygirl." He smiled. One rule that always sticks even in the zombie apocalypse: never mess with our family.

That's this chapter guys! I hope y'all like it.