Chapter 25

Six years later:

Caitlan's POV:

So I guess there's a lot of catching up to do. Rick and Carl went missing six years ago. At that time, me, mom and dad were at home with the kids. Speaking of mom, she unfortunately passed away about a month later. She just got extremely ill. And after Rick and Carl disappeared, the Alexandrians started to complain about me and Dad again, so we got put in a cell. Lily, Lucy and Freddie got took in by Michonne and lived with her, Judith and RJ. I still have extremely bad claustrophobia so I get to have some time out of the cell each day. My siblings come see me and dad everyday so we still get to be in their lives. It kills me and dad that we can't be there to put them to bed, but at least we get to see them still.

So today I'm just walking about Alexandria. I still get horrible looks, but I'm used to it. Daryl and a few others came back from a run, they're heading to Hilltop soon. I saw a girl with them and she was sat on some steps. Michonne had just got up from talking to her. "Mind if I join ya?" I asked and she just shrugged, looking down. When I sat down, she looked up at me. "Caitlan?" She whispered. "Lydia?" I replied quietly. "Wait, you're part of the group's that walk around like walkers?" I asked. "Momma is the leader." She said teary eyed. "For all of our sakes, don't mention we know each other. I ain't embarrassed, but you'll know why later." I said quietly and she nodded. Before we could say anything else, Daryl came over. "You two know each other?" We both shook our heads. "Then why you talking to her?" "I know what it's like to be the outcast". I simply said and he took me back to the cell.

"You ok baby girl?" Dad asked. "Yeah. Hey dad, you know those skin freaks that we overheard everyone talking about?" He nodded. "Aunt Annie is the leader." I said quietly. "How do you know?" "Lydia's here. Daryl and some others came across her on a run, there were others too but they got killed." "Shit." Dad brought me into a hug. "Wait, you didn't tell anyone you're cousins did you?" He whispered. "No dad. I told her we don't tell anyone for all of our sakes." Dad nodded and kissed my head.

Time skip...

Most the Alexandrians went to Hilltop for the fair a couple weeks ago, which ended in chaos, Aunt Annie ended up sneaking in and well took hostages and put their heads on spikes. I'm just relieved she didn't take Lucy, Lily or Freddie.

There's a massive snow storm and blizzard. It's fucking freezing down here. "Come here baby girl." Dad wrapped his arms around me and a thin blanket.

Gabriel came down, gave us some warm clothes and took us to one of the houses, where other residents were, thankfully my siblings and Judith were there. My brother and sisters ran straight to me and dad. Dad was being his usual sarcastic self, pissing off the others, I wasn't exactly paying attention. It was decided we had to go to a different house, which meant walking through the blizzard.

As we walked through Alexandria, Judith ran off hearing Dog (Daryl's dog) barking. She ran off and I instantly ran after her. Thankfully, the twins and Lily stayed with the others. I couldn't see a thing. Next thing I know something hits my head and leg...

Negan's POV:

"Cait! Jude!" I yelled and ran after them. I found Cait on the floor. "Go find Judith!" She shouted and I reluctantly left her. Something hit my leg causing me to fall, but I managed to get up and I found Judith and the dog. I took them back to the others. "Where's Caitlan?" Gabriel shouted. Shit! I forgot to go back for Cait. I ran like crazy, but with difficulty, looking for my daughter. I found her. But I was too late. She'd turned. "No! No no no!" I went to go to her, but I fell. And I woke up...

I was in the infirmary, with my leg tended to. I looked to the bed next to me. My Cait was unconscious, with her head and leg bandaged. I'm just glad I got to her in time. Michonne came in and thanked me for saving Judith and apologised about me and Cait getting injured. Cait should be awake soon thankfully.

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is short! I hope ya kinda like the twist I did. And no there won't be any freaky deaky stuff between Negan and Alpha coz in this case ... that'd be fucked up 😂😂