Chapter 12

Negan's POV:

I'm gonna let my baby girl sleep a bit longer. She's drained after last night's confrontation. I managed to sleep until midday. It's 1pm now.

I'm gonna go see Diana and see if she would allow Lily to spend some time with Caitlan. Usually I do give the orders but when it comes to parents with young children, I prefer to ask.

I went into the workers living quarters and knocked on Diana's door. She opened it and bowed down. "It's ok you can stand." "What can I do for you sir?" Diana asked. "Nothing dear. I actually came to ask if Lily could spend some time with Cait." Well as soon as I said Caitlan's name little Lily came running to the door excitedly. "I think you have your answer." Diana laughed. She got a baby bag sorted for Lily and passed it to me and I picked Lily up. "When you want Lily back just come up to my room." I smiled. I carried Lily up to my room. Cait was snoozing away still. "Shhh." I smiled at Lily and she started giggling. I put Lily down on the bed and she crawled up to Caitlan and cuddled into her. Caitlan woke up, looking confused at first but as soon as she saw Lily, her face lit up. "I thought you could do with some company." I smiled and Caitlan sat up and hugged Lily. "Will you stay with us dad?" She asked. "Course I will." I climbed on the bed and sat with Cait and Lily. "why don't we watch a movie?" I suggested. "Sure. I'm gonna give Lily a bath first though if that's ok?" "You know you don't have to ask. Go ahead."

Caitlan's POV:
I carried Lily into the bathroom. "Let's get you bathed sweetie." Lily looked a bit confused. I'm guessing she hasn't had a bath before. Just showers. I put water and bubbles into the bath and Lily was really fascinated. I undressed her and put her in. She absolutely loved it. I kept hold of her and she was splashing about like crazy. I washed her hair for her and she splashed me. "Oi cheeky." She just giggled. I scrubbed her before getting her out of the bath. I wrapped a towel around her and took her back into the bedroom.

Dad was sat on the bed with some baby clothes. "Whilst you were bathing her, I went down to the market to get some clothes for her." He told me. "Thanks dad" I smiled. Then there was a knock at the door. "Come in!" Dad said, it was Diana. "Oh I invited Diana to come along. That's ok isn't it?" "Yeah course." I chuckled. The four of us sat on the bed and watched The Wizard of Oz. I dunno why dad asked if it's ok for Diana to join us, she's Lily's mom.

After the film finished, Lily started clapping. "I think she enjoyed it." I laughed. "I'm surprised you ain't bored of it Cait. The amount of times you'd watch it when you were a kid." Dad said. "It's one of my favourites dad." I smirked. Well the next thing we knew, Lily called dad, "Dada". "No sweetie-" Diana started but dad cut her off. "It's fine. She can call me dada." Dad smiled. Well next thing I knew, Diana got off the bed and walked round to dad's side of the bed and dad pulled her in for a kiss. I covered Lily's eyes and we both giggled. "I've had feelings for you a while. And I know you have for me too." Dad said. "What about your wives?" Diana asked confused. "I'll get rid of them. I want you and Lily to move in here with me and Cait." He said. Diana accepted. "You won't be working anymore either. You're the queen of the Sanctuary now."

Dad got Simon to gather everyone in the factory. I held Lily and stood between dad and Diana on the factory floor. The wives were stood together in a line. "So I've asked everyone to come down here as I have news for you!" Everyone looked confused as dad said this. "I'm getting rid of the wives. Before you get excited, you'll no longer be treated as royalty. You go back to your families and you either work for points or become Saviours! And everyone treats Diana as you treat me and Caitlan! Are we clear?" "Yes Negan!" "As you were. Wives, you have an hour to clean out the quarters. Leave all your possessions. You wanna look pretty? Then earn it!"

The four of us went back upstairs. "Dad. Did you want me to move out of your room? So that you and Diana can, you know." I asked quietly. "Absolutely not. When we want privacy we can go to Diana's old room. This is your room too." Dad smiled.

A couple of hours later, dad's radio went off. It was Simon. "We got the things from the run boss. Shall we bring em up?" "Yep." Dad replied. Simon and the Saviours came in dad's room with loads of baby stuff: a new crib, clothes, toys, stroller et cetera. "What's all this?" Diana asked confused. "Well I sent the Saviours on a scavenge today to get some stuff for Lily. My girls deserve the very best." Diana gave dad a kiss. "Right I think I should cook something tonight. What do you want girls?" Dad asked. "Ooo do spaghetti dad! Pretty pleaseeeee." I pleaded. "That sounds good." Diana said. "Spaghetti it is then." Dad chuckled.

Whilst dad cooked, I sat on the bed with Lily. She dozed off, cuddled up to me. Diana was sat on the couch. "Cait, can I talk to ya outside?" She asked. "Yeah course." I smiled. We both went into the corridor. "What's wrong?" "I just wanted to ask if it's ok about me and your dad? I know I ain't your mom and I'm not trying to replace her-" she said panicked. "Look you don't have to worry. I'm ok with it honestly. I know you ain't my mom but you're as good as. You and Lily are part of our family. You make my dad happy." I smiled. Diana pulled me into a hug.

I then heard movement at the other side of the door. I knew dad was listening. I put my finger to my lips to Diana and opened the door. I heard dad grunt the word "fuck". "Oh shit sorry dad." I said trying not to laugh. Dad then just wrapped his arms around me. "I'm proud of you Caity." He said quietly. "Thanks daddy." I smiled up at him. Next thing we knew, Lily said "fuff." We knew what she meant to say though and the three of us just pissed ourselves laughing. We shouldn't have really but it was funny. "Ok girls let's eat!" Dad said happily. I picked up Lily off the bed and put her in her high chair.

We ate dinner pretty quick. "Right me and Diana is gonna go for a little wander around the Sanctuary. Will you two be ok?" I knew what dad meant by 'wander'. "Yeah course. Go ahead." I smirked. They both left the bedroom. "Right missy, how about we get into our pyjamas and put a movie on eh?" I got the movies out: Annie, Mary Poppins and Wizard of Oz. As soon as Lily saw Wizard of Oz, she clapped happily. "The Wizard of Oz it is then." I smiled. I got Lily into her pyjamas and changed her diaper, and I got my pyjamas on. We snuggled up into the duvet and we both dozed off.

A little while later...

Negan's POV:

Me and Diana are heading back to the girls. I know Diana ain't Lucille and she never will be, but I do indeed love her, not how I felt about the wives. My feelings for Diana are genuine. "The girls are probably still wide awake." She smirked. We opened the door and the girls were fast asleep, cuddled up. "Our girls." I said quietly, my heart warming up. Diana rested her head on my shoulder and I put my arm around her waist as we watched our girls sleep. After a couple minutes, we got into our pyjamas and I got in next to Cait and Diana got in next to Lily. We both wrapped our arms around them and our hands met in the middle. Not too long after we fell asleep.

What do you guys think of what happened here guys? I hope y'all like it!