Apology

Lior's POV

It's funny...

The last time I walked through these doors, I was an enemy.

I was currently standing outside the Fairy Tail guild doors, debating my going in.

I thought about knocking.

How should I approach them?

After all, I didn't want to come off with bad intentions.

I'd come to apologize.

Finally, I opened the door as normal as anyone would, looking around the room.

It was bustling with people.

I took a step inside.

I really hoped not to catch too much attention for now.

"Lior! What brings you here?!" Their master yelled from the second floor of the guild hall.

Everyone looked at me, a bit of hostility in their eyes.

I didn't blame them.

"U-um... I... I've regained memory of what I did to you. I just came to apologize to you all, especially to Lucy."

"Lucy's out of commission right now." A pink-haired boy says.

"W-What do you mean?"

"Lucy used her magic to end the battle, but she got herself corrupted. We haven't found a way to undo it yet..."

What?!

Lucy...

This was all my fault...

"You were close with Lilith. She planned on using Lucy's power for Black Rose, correct? Surely she had a way to reverse the effects if they backfired..." The Fairy Tail Master suggests.

"I-I don't know... I can't remember much of anything. Things are just... nonsensical at the moment."

The man nods.

"I see..."

I look down at me feet, regretful of my
lack of help.

"Lior..." The man starts again.

I look to him.

"Why don't you stay here? Let us know if you gain any important information on helping Lucy?"

I had many reasons to say yes.

I owed them.

I owed Lucy.

I had nowhere to go.

I also had no reason to say no.

Of course, even without these reasons, I gladly would've complied.

"If you'll have me... Sorry to be a nuisance..."

I knew some members may not've been comfortable with my staying here, considering my past interactions.

"Don't be silly. I'll show you where you'll be staying." A girl states with a smile.

She looks familiar.

I remember one certain moment before bowing to her.

"I'm sorry! I'm s-sorry for calling you fairy trash!"

I hear her giggle.

"I know you weren't yourself. Besides, I don't have a grudge with you or anything."

The people here were so kindhearted.

I'm glad Lucy is with them, and I'm glad I can be a part of helping her.

I only wish I could remember more...