More Than A Best Friend

Natsu's POV

Things around the guild had definitely cheered up.

People began to smile again.

We'd all missed Lucy so much, and we couldn't bear to see her like this.

When I heard what Lior said, and I really processed it, I didn't know what to do with myself.

I was so glad to know that Lior had found a cure.

Sure, we hadn't located it yet, but it was somewhere out in the world.

Though that's a vast area to search, it was much easier than our previous situation.

We had no clue if curing Lucy was even possible, but thanks to Lior, we knew now that it was.

I was so grateful, and I never really properly thanked him.

I'd definitely have to show my gratitude later, but right now, I was so focused on the fact that I would get to have the real Luce back.

I missed the Lucy I brought to Fairy Tail that day.

The one who made me smile nonstop.

Of course Gray had already beaten me to the punch by getting Juvia, while I had yet to get into the game, but...

When Lucy goes back to her original self, I want to be the first to see her, even if it means shoving everyone else to the ground, or setting someone on fire.

I like seeing Lucy.

I like talking to Lucy.

I love the quality time I spend with Lucy, but I've been missing out on that.

Missing out on that made me realize how much I need it.

I haven't felt this alone in such a long time.

I need my time with Lucy.

I need Lucy.

I love Lucy.

So, when I see her shining smile again, I'm going to hug her.

I'm going to hug her so tightly.

Then, I'm going to pull her away from everyone else, to a place where it's just me and Luce.

Even Happy won't tag along.

And then... I'm going to confess to Lucy... somehow.

I didn't exactly know how things would turn out yet.

I hadn't really done this sort of thing before, but I was certain this was what I wanted.

I couldn't ask anyone for help.

They'd probably mock me like they did Gray.

No, I have to do this by myself, for myself...

And for Lucy...

...because I now realize after all this time that she is more than just a best friend to me.

When you realize you have more Gruvia than Nalu in a book about Lucy...

Either way, this was bound to happen.

I'm weak for ships... :P