The Snake Charmer

Lucy's POV

"You know, when I was a little girl, my mother told me I should always have a backup plan. I've always hated my mother. I was more of a daddy's girl... but it didn't mean she didn't give great advice."

I listened as she continued on.

"So of course I take that piece of advice to mind years later. I thought it might've been a bit... unexpected. No one would think that I would bring more than my guardsmen and Ophiuchus to a fight. It seems quite over extreme, does it not? Of course, I like over extremity, so I was prepared for you to give it you're all on what you thought was the end, only to be greeted by my wonderful surprise. Sadly, you were too smart for it all, Lucy Heartfilia. No matter. Whether you are aware or not does not affect my victory."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

She truly believed that our awareness meant nothing.

"Don't think so highly of yourself. Fairy Tail will win... I guarantee it."

She laughs.

"Dear girl, surely you must've been thinking all this time! You have no idea what I have up my sleeve, and you, therefore, have no idea what I'm capable of! How well do you really expect this is to go down for you, hm?"

I clenched my teeth.

She was right.

I wasn't being careful all this time for nothing.

I knew we had to be cautious.

The woman smirked.

"You know I'm right, don't you? Is it nerve wracking? Have I made you uneasy at all?"

"I'm sure we can handle whatever it is you throw at us." I say, hiding the nervousness in my tone.

"Fine, then. I suppose such confidence deserves a prize. Let us begin."

She raised her hand, particles of magic forming around her.

Slowly but surely, they began to shape.

"Do you know why I chose Ophiuchus?" She asked rhetorically.

"It wasn't all because of the power of the spirit... When I heard of such a creature, I'd believed there was no snake I couldn't tame."

I realized now what the magic was.

She was forming snakes.

"These snakes use all kinds of magic based on my will. If I want them to use fire, they use fire. If I want them to use ice, they use ice."

This was it?

Her big plan?

"Of course, the best part is how fast they multiply... how easily I can make more. You'll be easily overwhelmed."

As she said this, I could see piles of snakes at her feet.

This wasn't good.

The creatures she was forming could take on almost any magic she desired, and they had an advantage in numbers.

"With all of these little ones, as well as Ophiuchus, I've grown much in power. My little spirit may be the Snake Bearer, but I am the Snake Charmer."

I looked at the hoard of snakes slithering towards me.

"Natsu, we can take them together!" I yell.

It seemed easy enough.

Together, we ridded of the hoard of snakes.

The woman just snickered.

I didn't understand her actions, looking for a group behind us.

There was nothing.

Natsu sniffed the air.

"I smell them. Where are they?!"

I looked around once more, but still, nothing was in sight.

I couldn't see them...

"That's it!"

Natsu looked at me, confused.

"Natsu, they're invisible!"

I whipped around Fleuve d'étoiles, trying to get the snakes.

"My, you weren't supposed to know so early on! It ruins the fun..."

"Now that I know, I can handle whatever snake you put out at me!" I shouted.

She snickered again.

"Not so fast... I'd love to see how you handle this."

Natsu and I stood on guard, waiting for an attack.

Suddenly, the ground began to shake.

My eyes widened as I saw all her snakes gathering into one, lifting her off the ground.

She was becoming the center of a giant.

"Let's see how you fend off this, Lucy Heartfilia!"