Training for Trouble

Lucy's POV

Everyone began to prepare hurriedly, training as if there would be an attack at any second.

Of course, that was a possibility.

I felt a sense of guilt that my family drama had gotten us into trouble with Black Rose, and now Blood Thorn.

Though, I couldn't focus on that at the moment.

I was also training with every inch of magic I contained in my body.

In the midst of everything going on, we were easy to forget the little things.

We had no time to play around.

This fight could end up being brutal.

My guild mates informed me that without my corruption last time, Fairy Tail would've had quite the struggle against my aunt.

I knew I had to be ready to launch a powerful attack, but nothing powerful enough to consume me.

I wasn't putting them through that pain again.

What little thing I'd forgotten, though, was that Fairy Tail gets through anything.

I had no reason to worry.

We always got through our obstacles.

We broke through walls, jumped over hurdles, you name it.

We always did it because we had the motivation of fighting for our family.

Our huge, crazy, destructive, but amazing family.

Against us, Blood Thorn would stand no chance.

I would end what I started.

"Lior, are you not training?" I ask, sitting on the bed of my cousin.

He was now staying in the back room alone, for the others had finally gotten to go to their own homes.

"I don't really have anything to train. I know I should do more to help, but..."

"Why don't you use that black magic of yours?"

He looks down at his lap.

"I... don't have that anymore. I got rid of it."

"Then train your illusions!"

"There's no point... they're weak."

"No, Lior. They're strong, you just don't know it yet."

"How?"

"You can create light! You can... trick others into thinking something's there when it's not! Erza told me that you were even able to focus enough to summon the serum into your hand."

"Those aren't useful, Lucy."

"Sure they are! You just have to believe in yourself."

I tried so hard to get my words in his head, but my attempts were in vain.

"Maybe that works for you, but you're magic is actually powerful. You can actually fight."

I sighed, getting up from the bed.

I don't think I'd be able to convince him... at least not yet.