Prologue

Wow!! This prologue came out quicker than I expected, but Chapter 1 is taking longer than I thought so we'll just have to see where this goes from here! Thank you for reading!

********

No one had ever seen eyes like his.

Large and strained, it almost looked as if they would bulge out of the socket and plop onto the ground. Those who had seen him knew what his eyes meant. The more bulged they were, the more he was keeping an eye on everything and anything. It immediately scared anyone into submission.

His pack was small. slowly, member by member it was growing larger but something drastic needed to be done. He'd been training them for weeks now, preparing them to recruit more members whether willingly or by force. He had an army to build, and it would happen one way or another.

Today, his pack was planning on attacking the Village of the Broken. It wasn't a well known village, containing maybe one hundred wolves total, but it was suitable for his needs.

Quickly his pack was upon them, ripping out the hearts of those who opposed him and torturing those who decided to join him.

They had to learn who was in charge at some point.

All he did was watch as houses were burned, people were brought to their knees, and children were taken into a large military vehicle he'd brought with him. The man began to chuckle as he simply gazed upon the horror that was happening to the village. The air was filled with the piercing screams of women and children, and the stench of blood permeated for miles.

They had taken too long.

"Wrap it up!" He sent out to his pack. They all scurried to finish their duties before shifting into their human forms and bowing in front of him.

"Let us go," he said aloud to everyone before him, "to expand our hearts, our minds, and our pack. You are loved here."

"Yes, Alpha!" They chanted in response, cheering a little afterwards. He simply lifted his hand and silence filled the air.

The children in the back of the truck huddle together in a mixture of tears, blood, and feces, crying and screaming their little hearts out. The path their lives were on were forever changed by this moment.

Everything changed in this moment.

Everyone changed in this moment.

Including the little boy huddled to himself beneath everyone else's feet.

********

Thank you guys so much for reading! Please let me know what you think of it so far!

Vote!

Comment!

Enjoy!