Chapter 15

Hello! I am so sorry it's been so long, but here's another update! Thanks for reading :)

********

Lilia took a deep breath before she opened the office door.

She was terrified that there could be no option for her to see her mother again, but she was also nervous because most of the options she could think of involved Alpha Howie finding her again.

She took another breath and pushed open the door. As soon as it was open she gasped, took a step back, and looked at the ground. Blood flooded her cheeks in embarrassment as she grasped Lev to steady herself.

A male climbed off of Alpha Blaton's lap, his cheeks red from embarrassment as well. Lilia looked up again and tried to keep her eyes off of his swollen lips, clearly indicating they had been kissing.

"I'm sorry, we haven't been introduced," the male stuck his hand out with a shy, embarrassed smile, "my name is Luke Blaton, Alpha of the North Woods Pack."

Two Alphas? Lilia had never seen this before, but her pack was very sheltered to the outside world, so she hadn't seen much at all.

"It's nice to meet you." Lilia shook his hand and let him lead her to a seat.

"I'm sorry you walked into that," Alpha Blaton admitted, "Luke wasn't supposed to be home until tomorrow."

"I thought it would be a nice surprise for my mate, sue me," Alpha Luke scoffed and plopped down in the other chair.

"This is Lev, my mate," Lilia introduced. Alpha Luke bowed his head slightly and Lev bowed the same way. Alpha Blaton shuffled some papers on his desk and gave them his undivided attention.

"I've only thought of one option because I was distracted. My apologies." Alpha Blaton turned a pointed look at his mate. Lilia smiled.

"What's going on?"

"I will brief you later, Luke," he responded quietly. Lilia was sure he was sick of explaining—hell, she was too.

"I think our best option here is to ask an ally who owes me a favor. You can tell your family to tell Alpha Howard that they wish to relocate."

"Okay," she said, sounding unsure.

"Your family will stay there, under the care of the Alpha until Howard's suspicion disappears. He will see you are not there and leave them alone."

"That makes sense," Lilia said in awe. He'd thought of that in such short time? If this worked, it would be a miracle.

"I will contact Alpha Blackwood this evening, he owes me some favors, so tell your family the plan and about the Blackwood pack."

"Yes, Alpha." Lilia was practically speechless. Goddess, she hoped this worked.

"It was really nice meeting you both," Alpha Luke said, standing up. Lilia took that as a tone of dismissal and stood as well. She shook hands with both of them and followed Lev out of the room.

With a blush, Lilia realized they probably want to finish what was started earlier. Lev walks beside her silently as they make their way to their room. So much had happened in one day it was hard to keep track of what was going on.

"I'm sorry I've been dragging you everywhere today," Lilia sighed as they laid in bed next to each other. Lev was curled up on one side of the bed, and Lilia's human form curled up on the other side.