Chapter 27

I'm really on a role with writing these chapters! I hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I am.

********

"Dinnertime," Alpha Blaton shouted from behind the door.

Both the Alpha and another pack member were wearing face masks as they wheeled trollies in. One of the carts was entirely for Lev, full of raw cuts of different types of raw meat since he wouldn't be able to hunt.

The other cart consisted of plenty of different meals for Lilia and the two doctors. Alpha Blaton unloaded Lev's hefty meal first before handing Lilia her plate and some silverware.

"Thank you," she murmured softly. Lev wait until she began to eat to wolf his food down.

"I'll bring in some blankets and pillows in a minute. Enjoy your meal," He bowed softly and left the room with the trollies. Lilia ate her pasta quickly but no one finished their meal faster than Lev. In the span of a few minutes his stomach had grown so much and he was so hungry.

"You're so huge now, Lev. This means you're going to have to spend most of your time in your human form," she whispered sympathetically. He whined and curled closer around her body lying on the floor.

"I will admit though, you make a nice pillow," she giggled. He chuffed in response and thumped his tail.

"Thank you," he murmured through her head. She couldn't believe he could talk like that. Is that what it would sound like in his human form? She'd already heard him speak a few words but it was nice to hear him hold up a conversation.

"I'm glad we can communicate now," she murmured. She pet his head. "Does it work the other way around?" Lilia pushed her thoughts towards Lev.

"It seems so," he murmured. Lilia didn't bother trying to fight her grin.

"That's all I've wanted for so long," she whispered to him happily. "How have you been feeling lately?"

"Pretty good, but eager to get to move around in my human form," he answered.

"I hope it hasn't been too much," Lilia said aloud.

"Not at all," he answered, "it does feel better when you touch me, though."

"Good to know," she smiled.

"I will take the first watch," Dr. Walahan offered to Dr. Nylan.

The night passed uneventfully.

Lilia woke up every time the doctors switched shifts and Lev was quick to nurture her back to sleep. His body was extremely warm, almost feverish at his normal body temperature, so he fought the urge to lay completely on top of her.

The next day passed much like the day before.

Lev woke Lilia up for breakfast and ate every meal extremely quickly. The doctors were clearly exhausted but worked hard at maintaining the clearly irritable mass pulled from Lev's body.

Lila read the plethora of books brought to her by the Alpha and was able to not even notice her surroundings. Lev stared up at her in awe with every giggle and whimper that showed how much Lilia was enjoying her book.

"Thank you," she murmured a few hours later. Alpha Luke handed her dinner for the evening then proceeded to unload large, skinned animals from a cart. Lilia grimaced and tried not to look.

She could only imagine how large his stomach had grown and how hungry he was during the day but watching him devour that animal was not the most delicious thing to watch.