Chapter 38

This book only goes until chapter 40! Only a few left! Hope you guys like it. This is an action-filled chapter :).

********

"They'll be here in a few minutes, Lev! Stop!"

Lilia couldn't stop giggling at her mate. He was moving his face around obnoxiously trying to kiss her, but Lilia knew if they started they wouldn't want to stop.

"Guys! The messenger arrived!" Alpha Luke knocked on their door. Lilia got out of bed and escaped Lev's arms quickly.

"See? I told you!" She held her hand out to help him up but he pulled her back down onto the bed. She squirmed out of his hold again.

"We haven't been able to kiss for a whole day," Lev whined. Lilia ignored him and began to walk down to the conference room all by herself. His footsteps fell behind her, scraping his feet as if it would slow him down.

"You'll be fine for a day," Lilia told him. They entered the conference room to see a dark purple flower, roots and all, glowing in a glass bottle on the table.

"They only had one left, so we need to figure this out carefully," Alpha Blaton stared at the glass bottle.

"How does it work?" Lilia sat down.

"Once you eat it, you become immune to any wizard's power for about an hour or so. I think our best bet is to have Lev eat it, then remove the wizard's source of magic. Do you remember seeing anything like that Lev?" Councilman Jarold asked.

Lilia eyed him. She still didn't trust him.

"A staff," Lev answered. Lilia relayed it to the room.

"Remove that from him, Lev, and move it to one of the Alpha's. They can transport it to safety while warriors take the wizard to the dungeon. Sound like a plan?" Councilman Danheart seemed confident in his idea.

"Alpha—" resonated through all of their heads.

"Patrol," Alpha Blaton breathed, eyes widening. "Patrol? Is anyone there?" He gave them a few moments to answer...they didn't.

"They're attacking now!" Alpha Blaton yelled. Lev grabbed the flower in the midst of the mess in the room. The Council scrambled to the door as well as Lilia and Lev, followed by the Alphas.

"Lev! Lev," Lilia knew she was a little selfish keeping her mate from the fight, but he was about to face the man that essentially raised him.

"I have to go," he panted from anxiety about the fight.

"I love you," Lilia said. She pulled Lev into a slow kiss before running away to the chamber. She hated calling it a chamber, it was more of an underground bunker with all the necessities to last them until an ally could arrive if they lost.

Lev stood frozen for a moment until he remembered what he was supposed to be doing. An infuriated snarl flew out of him as he raced down the halls and out the front doors.

Shit! They were already that close to the house?

Lev could see Roman in the front, leading them into warriors fighting them. He didn't think he had ever seen all of the warriors in one place at one time...when he was one of them, it only took two hundred-or-so warriors to take down a village.

Lev shuddered, trying not to think about the deaths he had caused. Now, he was faced the problem. 

Roman.

Though Roman was coming straight for him, Lev diverted to the left. He shifted into his Lycan form and crushed the glass bottle in his hand. He tossed the flower into his mouth and snarled louder than he ever had before.

He'd spotted the wizard. Lev hadn't gotten a good look before he was struck with the magic burst that almost cost him his life, but now, he had a clear view.

A tall, skinny, redhead kid stood in a bubble of his purple magic. Lev almost went insane with rage at the sight of him, and what he was helping Roman do, and Goddess Lev wanted to kill him.

You can't, his subconscious reminded him. We need him alive.

Lev's jaws practically unhinged as he leapt towards the wizard. The wizard's cocky grin was wiped off his face when Lev penetrated his magic forcefield. They scrambled to the ground, the wizard screaming as Lev's teeth sunk into his skin.

"Lev! We need him alive! Take his staff," Blaton screamed at him through the link. Lev tossed the wizard into warriors' arms as if he was nothing and grabbed the staff.

It was dark black, obsidian maybe, and covered with decals and letters he would never understand. Like a baton, Lev ran and handed Alpha Luke, who was already running, the magical staff.

"No!" The wizard screamed. The magic of the wolves around them died out, giving Blaton's pack an extreme advantage.

Lev smiled. They could actually win this! He turned from the screaming wizard to look for Roman, expecting him to be coming straight at him. The world turned silent as his eyes and ears searched the surrounding area.

No.

"Alpha Luke?" Lev reached out. He met eyes with Alpha Blaton as the wolf tore a limb off of his opponent.

"Alpha Luke!" Lev screamed into the void. Silence bounced back into the mind link. Lev shot a worried glance at Alpha Blaton before darting into the woods.

The Alpha had to be alright!

Lev was not only worried about the Alpha, but Roman getting the staff...he was no wizard but it still dealt certain powers when held by any species. One of those powers was strength.

No!

A few miles from the pack house Alpha Luke laid on the ground, bleeding profusely from the back of his head. Lev knelt down and found himself getting emotional as he pressed his hands against the wound.

"Dr. Walahan!" Lev screamed through the link. The doctor answered shortly and told Lev that he'd be there soon, but soon wasn't soon enough.

"Lev, Lev," Lilia sobbed through the link. Lev's hands froze on Alpha Luke's head.

"What's wrong?"

"He's here, he's here, Lev. He's here," Lilia repeated consistently. Roman had ruined so many lives, millions of lives, but he didn't get to ruin theres.

"How far out are you?" Lev asked the doctor.

"Two minutes," Dr. Walahan replied shortly.

"I'm here," Dr. Nylan appeared a few feet away from Lev. "Walahan linked me." The doctor knelt where Lev was sitting a few moments before and Lev didn't hesitate another second before running towards the pack house.

His speed got him there in seconds, but he shifted from his Lycan form to his human form so he didn't destroy the house on the way.

Come on, he begged the Moon Goddess. His bare feet slapped against the floor, then the stairs until he reached the thick, silver, unlocked door to the chamber.

Lev wasted no time before bursting through the door.

No!

********

Oh gosh...here we go!