Chapter 30

Hope you enjoy this chapter :) next chapter is almost completely in Lev's point of view!

********

Lilia woke up in big, strong arms, and resting her head on a broad, comfortable chest.

Lev.

When she glanced up at his face it was still relaxed in sleep. One of her arms was trapped between their chests but the other was wrapped around his left side.

Lilia tapped her fingers lightly against Lev's ribs. She was distracted in thought. What was she supposed to say to Alpha Blaton about announcing Lev's Lycan form?

She knew the excitement would be palpable but was still so fearful of Roman. She had seen firsthand how powerful he was, and now that she knew he had some sort of magic on his side, she was fearful of the unknown.

"Mate," Lev sighed in his sleep. He turned over and wrapped both of his arms around her and squeezed. Lilia reveled in the pressure around her. It was soothing, along with the scent coming from her mate.

It didn't take long for her to fall back asleep and she woke again to the sound of their bedroom door closing. The pressure of Lev's arms wasn't around her anymore, but his scent still filled the room.

Lilia cracked her eyes open to see Lev trying to set a tray down on his nightstand as quietly as possible. A second later his left arm, when trying to pull away from the tray, knocked the lamp to the floor.

It didn't break, luckily for him, but he still turned to his mate with wide eyes. His shoulders slumped when he saw she was awake.

"Damn it!" he muttered in his head. She heard it and smiled widely.

"I was already awake," she croaked and giggled a little. "What's that?"

"Food," he answered. She smiled brightly.

"Was that your idea?"

"Yes." Lilia slightly startled at his actual voice.

"Thank you," she murmured. Lev moved the tray towards her once she was leaned against the headboard and rested it against her thighs. She wolfed down the food hungrily and licked her fingers afterwards.

Lev was grateful for her, and he was happy that he had been able to make her happy.

The mates were able to last through lunch without any major problems. Alpha Luke called them into the conference room where the Council was already waiting. Lev made sure Lilia was sitting down and comfortable before he took his seat.

"Jack couldn't be here today," Alpha Luke started, "because Howard, previously of the June pack, escaped custody last night."

"What? Why weren't we informed?" Councilman Danheart snarled. Lilia reached for Lev's hand and squeezed it, trying not to let her fear consume her.

"He hasn't come near the pack yet, but I'm holding this meeting to let you know that our trackers have lost him. Jack is keeping a tight eye on security and has doubled it since last night." Alpha Luke could see Lilia's fear and gave her a small, apologetic smile.

"Clearly your trackers need more training, Alpha," Councilman Jarold snarled.

"Howard pulled a dirty trick on them, they weren't prepared—"

"It doesn't matter now, either of you," Councilwoman Longworth halted the argument, "keep us updated. Any news on the experiments?"

"The tests should be finished in a few hours," Alpha Luke answered stiffly. He didn't bother hiding his anger at the disrespect from the Council. They grilled him some more, asking question after question, but Lev could only focus on his mate.