Chapter 22

Hey guys! I've had a rough few days but the writing hasn't stopped! I hope you enjoy. :) Notice the time jump!

********

"A Lycan is unbelievably strong, and in the right hands, can protect any pack from evil."

Lilia was having a hard time believing that Alpha Blaton was describing Lev.

"A Lycan can stand against an entire pack, fight against their largest army, and win. But, like they say...with great power comes great responsibility."

"A few centuries ago," Alpha Luke interjected, "actually...right about the time Lev was a few years old, there was a massive uprising. The largest group of wolves the world had ever seen killed all of the Lycans except one."

"That one Lycan reproduced more and more until a century ago when they were all murdered. Once again, one was missed, and the council put the strongest security on her. Sadly, she was kidnapped, and that pack forced her to fight in a battle, to kill her own kind.

"She knew the Moon Goddess wouldn't have wanted that, so she let herself fall. With that, the original Lycans, the original gift from the Moon Goddess, had been completely wiped out. It was like the world lost control and many different uprisings started."

It seemed like the Alphas were fighting to tell the story.

"There's so much unrest in the world right now, but we've tried to stay strong and true throughout it all," Alpha Luke reached for his mate's hand, "but, from how old you are..."

"We think in the original massacre that there wasn't just one wolf that was left out. There were two—you, Lev. I don't understand, how could we not tell he was a Lycan?"

"We need to get him talking as soon as possible," Alpha Luke stood. "Lev, I'll have Doctor Walahan in early tomorrow morning to check on your vocal cords."

The energy in the room was still making Lev extremely nervous. He wasn't sure if they were angry at him, if they were going to attack him...he had to be ready for all scenarios.

"So...what does all this mean?" Lilia's head was still whirling from all the information she'd received.

"If he is a real Lycan," Alpha Blaton started, "the council will need to be informed and packs all over the world will want to see him. We've got—"

"No, no, his name can't get out. No one can see him. What if his old pack finds out? What if my old pack finds out?"

"She's right," Alpha Luke shook his head.

"Either way, the council must be informed. By then, Lev will hopefully be talking, and he can tell the council how to take his old pack down."

"What about Alpha Howard?" Lilia asked. Her hands shook nervously until Lev pushed his head underneath them to relax her.

"We can inform the council of his attempted forced-mating with you. The punishment is up to them."

"Now, Lev. I'm going to start working you twice a day, and if your body responds positively—which it should—then we'll move up to three times a day. Your Lycan wolf should be able to handle it." Alpha Luke said to them.

As if their situation wasn't weird enough, now to add all of this stress on to it...Lilia let her hands catch her head as it fell towards her knees. Lev whined as her breathing quickened.

"Lilia? Oh, Lilia, it's alright," Alpha Luke comforted. He came around the desk in their office to rub Lilia's back.

"All we can do now is wait and work with Lev, alright? Let's just focus on that." Alpha Blaton had a point. She took a deep breath and lifted her head up.