Chapter 32

Hello lovelies! It saddens me to say that we're nearing the end, now. This book probably won't hit forty chapters :(. 

I hope you are enjoying though!

********

"I think we will take our leave now," Councilwoman Jarold muttered the next morning in the conference room.

"Are you not staying to help fight?"

"We said we were bringing our army. Is that not enough for you, Alpha Blaton?" Councilman Jarold with a sneer.

Goddess, what Lev would do to be able to smack some sense into that man. He was abandoning them, and he had the audacity to sneer at them?

"Lev has already said they outnumber us," Alpha Blaton murmured. "We could use all the help we can get."

"You've received all of the help you can get," Councilwoman Longworth. "And that includes us, Councilman Jarold. I don't know where you think you are going."

"We've given them our entire army, I think it's okay for us to sit this one out," he muttered, suddenly losing the confidence he had before.

"That's all the more reason we should stay. If you insist on your selfish needs, you are more than welcome to go back. Our army will not be there to protect you," Councilwoman Freidal countered.

Jarold's face flushed red in embarrassment and anger.

Lilia wrapped herself around one of Lev's arms and laid her head on his shoulder, just watching the bickering going on. This was the Council? The ones that ruled above the werewolf world? She scoffed inside.

"I'm starving," Lev muttered in her head. He had obviously stopped paying attention to the meeting too.

"We just ate!" she giggled. Lilia felt him grin before she saw it.

"Your mate is hungry. You should feed him," he teased.

"My mate also has legs that work perfectly," she teased right back. He leaned her head against hers. She felt more mature than any adult in this room, but her naivety led her the other direction.

Lilia shook her head—it wasn't the time to think about this.

"I can bring our food back to our room?" Lev asked eagerly. They finally had a bit of time to themselves last night and Lev had discovered the TV.

Lilia was surprised it had taken him this long. There was a TV in their room and it had been there since they had been originally placed in the room. Lev finally asked about it and couldn't take his eyes off the screen.

Lilia didn't get too much TV in her old pack because Howard always said "resources were low". Now that she knew it wasn't true, she was educating both of them.

He didn't believe her when she told him people don't watch TV by standing right in front of the screen. She smiled at the memory.

"What's so funny?" Lev accused, but he was smiling too.

"Your obsession with the TV," she laughed in his head, "It's funny."

"Don't laugh at me," he grumbled. The arguing in the room stopped.

"I will stay, Blaton. It is up to the rest of them," Councilwoman Longworth motioned to the other Council members. They all announced that they would stay.