Chapter 35

Oh gosh...I'm actually nervous for you guys to read this! Please let me know what you think. 

********

The next few days were full of training, eating and sleeping, then starting all over again the next day.

They hadn't heard anymore rumors of Roman's wolves moving closer, so it was assumed they were getting ready for battle. Alpha Blaton upped patrol even more.

Lilia and Lev didn't have too much alone time anymore...only when they would wake up in the morning together and go to bed together in the evening.

It was safe to say they missed each other, but both of them knew the importance of what they had to do. Since Lilia's wolf would probably never be in enough shape to fight because of her illness, Johanna stepped in.

"I have no problem fighting," Johanna shrugged. She had been training with the warriors and was a strong fighter. Lilia fought it at first, but in the end, it was Johanna's decision.

As nervous as it made Lilia and Kate, they accepted it.

Lev woke up early and went to bed late but made sure to kiss his mate as much as he could. Their intimacy hadn't gone past that, and Lilia was okay with it. It was comforting, really.

"I have to go," Lev whispered through their link. He tried not to fully wake her up as he moved some of her hair out of her face and kissed her lips softly.

"Goodbye," she muttered sleepily. He waited until her breathing evened back out to exit the room. Leaving her alone for so long during the day and having to leave her alone during the imminent fight against Roman was constantly putting him on edge.

Lev always made sure his link with her was completely open at all times while he was away.

A few hours of training later and Lev looked to the sky to tell the time. Ten o'clock in the morning. Lilia would be up soon.

"I'm taking down a wolf with the same crazy eyes as that bastard on the southern border," a warrior on patrol broadcast through the link. Lev tensed and searched through the crowd for either of the Alphas.

Damnit! They'd skipped training today. They announced it last night.

"Was it attacking? Are there more?" Alpha Blaton's voice rumbled through our heads.

"I have arrived as backup, Alpha. The problem has been taken care of. It was just...walking across the border," another warrior answered.

"We don't see any more wolves," the first warrior said. "Wait! There's another—"

Lev's heart clenched when the words were cut off.

"Chuck? Bart? Someone check on patrol, now!" Alpha Blaton ordered.

"Alpha, I think it's more of Roman's wolves. I'll head to the border just in case," Lev told Blaton. Already shifted, Lev was quick to make his way to the southern border.

He could smell them before he saw them.

Rows upon rows of wolves infected with magic just like Alpha Howard were marching onto the June Pack territory.

"Thank you, Lev. I—"

"Hundreds," Lev interrupted. "There's hundreds of them. They're attacking now!"