Chapter 33

Sneaky updating this one ;).

********

"I can't believe she said that," Lilia covered her red cheeks to try and hide her embarrassment.

"What does it mean?" Lev asked her innocently. Lilia choked on her saliva in the hallway a few feet away from their room.

"Damnit, I knew you'd get sick," Lev muttered to her.

"I'm not sick," Lilia whispered. She caught her breath and moved on to their room with him trailing shortly behind.

"Then what's wrong?" He asked gently.

"Sex education is not something I want to teach my mate." Lilia blushed. "Maybe Dr. Walahan would be willing to teach you?"

"Sex?" Lev paled. He moved to sit down on the bed and looked at Lilia with an expression she had never seen from him before.

"You know about it?" Goddess, she couldn't believe she was having this conversation with her soulmate.

"Roman mentioned it, explained it, and threatened us with it. Any of our desires were forced to be pushed to the back of our minds...that's what this is about?" He seemed genuinely confused.

How much had Roman taught him? What had Roman taught him?

"Yeah...let's watch TV or something," Lilia tried to change the subject.

"What's protection?"

"Ask Dr. Walahan," Lilia felt as if the heat of her cheeks could light a match. She covered them with her hands and crawled into bed. "Do you want to watch a movie?"

She looked up to see if Lev was going to answer her, but he had somehow silently escaped from the room.

"Where'd you go?" she projected into his mind.

"You said to ask Dr. Walahan." He said innocently. Lilia almost smacked her hand to her forehead.

"I didn't mean right now," she mumbled aloud. Lilia crawled out of bed and knocked on her mother's door.

"Come in!"

"You shouldn't just say "Come in", mom. You won't know who it is," Lilia said as she opened the door. Johanna was helping Kate do some leg and arm exercises on her bed.

"My senses have been growing stronger," Kate said with a smile. Johanna released her sister's arms and stood to give Lilia a hug.

"That's good," Lilia murmured. She hugged Johanna and sat next to her mother, clearly distracted if the dazed look in her eyes was any indication.

"Everything okay?" Kate asked gently.

"Lev is talking to Dr. Walahan about protection right now," Lilia said quietly. Johanna sent a smirk her way.

"You know what? We haven't had the sex talk yet, have we?" Kate asked. Lilia turned to her, horrified.

"No! We've had it! We've had it, you don't remember? It must be a symptom of the medication," Lilia breathed, clearly rushed. She turned to Johanna for help.

"Yeah," Johanna said hesitantly. "That was a stressful week, Kate. You might not remember."

"Huh," Kate murmured. She gave her sister a doubtful look, but dropped the subject.