Chapter 19

Hey guys! Hope you're enjoying the story so far!

********

"Good morning—well, more like good afternoon," Lilia chuckled at her mother.

She had been moved to her chair and was eating comfortably in her room. Lev was curled up in a ball near Lilia's legs, looking up at each of them when they spoke.

"Okay, Lilia. Story time. What the hell happened?" Johanna asked bluntly. Lilia looked at Lev and sighed, not really wanting to relive it.

Somehow, it felt like it was a year ago, yet when she spoke about it, her time at Roman's compound seemed like it ended yesterday.

"When we left, it was...cold. I got sick for a while, but once we arrived to Lev's old pack, I felt better."

"How long did the journey take?" Kate asked softly.

"It lasted a few days, and when we got there it was like a fortress. The man in charge, Roman, is psychotic. There were so many wolves, more than I've ever seen, and each was a trained mercenary...I felt so powerless," Lilia finished off, taking a deep breath before she started again.

"Goddess, I cannot believe you were in the belly of the beast," Johanna murmured. "Did they hurt you?"

"Their leader, Roman, tried to. Lev wouldn't let him. Roman was human and Lev was his strongest warrior...he knew he would lose."

"How did a human get to be the leader of those wolves?" Kate looked at Johanna with worry. The werewolf world had never seen anything like it.

"I don't know, but we managed to get out and now we're here," Lilia tried to change the subject a little.

"I'm so happy, Lilia," both Johanna and Kate brushed the tears off of their face.

"So... what happened to Lev?"

"I don't think he's been in his human form his entire life—it was very difficult to get him to shift, but Alpha Luke has been very helpful." Lilia smiled at her mate and scratched the top of his head.

"If you need anything from us, just let us know. I would love to help too," Johanna rubbed Lilia's shoulder to comfort her. It had been so difficult, and not being able to communicate with your mate must have been painful.

"I want to focus on mom, Aunt Johanna. I can hardly wait for you to see the pack doctor, mother," Lilia pulled Kate into a hug.

"I understand that, Lilia, but," Kate pulled back, "I just don't want you to get your hopes up."

"We'll see," Lilia murmured. She had faith in this doctor after what she'd learned about Lev. She knew it would be a difficult road, and she was confident—and her hopes were up quite high, but she kept quiet about that.

"I can't describe how happy I am that we're all away from our old pack. It's so nice here! They have free television, whatever food you can think of, and—"

"I understand," Johanna interrupted with a chuckle, "and we're very happy to be here too."

"I'm so, so grateful that everything is alright with your mate. I was worried he would be too...intense," Kate shot a glance at Lev.

Lilia giggled quietly and wrapped Lev up in a hug. Yes, she'd seen him be intense, but she also knew he would never hurt her. She squeezed him tighter and his tail thumped against the bed.