Epilogue

This was one of my favorite parts to write! I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

********

Lilia was back to ironing her dress.

This time, unlike her old recitals, Aunt Johanna didn't have to do it for her. She took her time, slowly moving the iron back and forth, and...

"I can't tie my tie," Lev grumbled behind her. Lilia jumped and hissed when her finger brushed against the bottom of the iron. She put her finger in her mouth and glared at Lev.

"I just showed you yesterday," Lilia grumbled. She moved to the kitchen and ran her finger under cold water.

"I'm sorry," Lev pouted. He grabbed the first-aid kit from the bathroom and wrapped her finger up.

Lilia showed him again, tying the tie on herself before tying it around his neck.

"You look handsome," she whispered, kissing his cheek. "I'm going to get changed."

She pulled on a brand-new light blue dress that fell just short of her knees. She bought it, along with two dresses for her mom and Johanna, with her first paycheck.

After trying a multitude of jobs Lilia fell in love with teaching. She taught first grade and came home to Lev smiling and gushing about the children every day.

"You look gorgeous," Lev grinned as he rushed to help her down the stairs. Her heels clunked against the wooden stairs as she tried not to fall.

"Thank you," she kissed him lightly.

"Why do you wear those things if they hurt you?" Lev asked. Even though it had been a pretty long time since they had joined this pack, his innocence still made her laugh sometimes.

"Because they're pretty," she grinned cheekily. He shook his head and helped her to their car.

That was Lilia and Lev's first big purchase! It was a rather large SUV that fit both of their tastes even though Lev much preferred to travel by wolf form.

No matter how much he begged, she refused to go in wolf form to a wedding.

Rogan proposed two years after the battle. He had shyly asked Lilia's permission to propose to her mother and she gladly said yes.

He treated her like a queen and Kate had gladly said yes when he proposed in a field of flowers. It was their wedding day, and they only invited a few guests. Dr. Walahan, both Alphas, and a few friends Kate had made along the way...plus Johanna, Lilia, and Lev, of course.

The radio played soft music in the background as Lev drove their car over gravel, then grass, and parked near a few other cars.

Kate and Rogan were getting married in the same field of flowers he proposed in.

Lev turned off the car, pocketed the keys, and got out to open Lilia's door. He gripped her wrist tightly so she wouldn't fall as she climbed out of the SUV.

"Lilia! You look gorgeous," Johanna rushed her into a hug. She pulled Lev into a hug next, then rested her hand against his cheek as she asked him how he had been.

They walked with Johanna over to the small rows of seats and were greeted by both Alphas. Alpha Luke was immensely healthier a year after the attack, and now he was walking, talking, and eating fine.

He grew his hair out to cover the missing hair from his scar no matter how much people around him assured him that it looked good.

"I'm so excited!" Lilia clapped her hands a few times. Both Alphas and Lev laughed at her contagious excitement.

About a half hour later Rogan arrived, followed shortly by Kate in another car. Lilia sat in her seat in the front row—her mother and her fiancé decided not to have groomsmen or bridesmaids—and was handed tissues because her crying was about to begin.

Lev was excited for the wedding but a crying Lilia made him quite anxious. He hated seeing her in tears, but her mother was getting married...crying was more than gratified.

As she was wheeled down the aisle by a friend of hers, Kate surprised everyone by asking for the wheelchair to be stopped. Lilia's heart caught in her throat and her hand tightened around Lev's.

Had she decided she wasn't going to marry Rogan?

Lev gasped next to her when Kate stood from the wheelchair and looped her arm through her friend's arm to keep her balance.

After the attack, Kate told everyone she had given up on walking. It was hard to learn to walk before the accident, but her injury assured her that she wasn't going to walk again.

Lilia turned to glance at Rogan and was surprised to see tears streaming down his face. He sniffled and reached out to help her up onto the little stand they were to be married on.

The ceremony went quickly, and about halfway through Kate asked for her chair with embarrassed cheeks. Lilia raced up to get it for her and helped her into it, reassuring her that it was more than fine, and that she shouldn't be embarrassed.

The last part of Rogan's vows had Lev pulling a sobbing Lilia into his chest because she couldn't breathe through her tears.

"I promise," Rogan squatted in front of her and held her hand, tears in his eyes, "to make the rest of your life the best of your life."

Lilia really tried not to think about her mother's years left because she hadn't come to terms with it yet. She didn't think she ever would.

Kate and Rogan were announced husband and wife and Kate insisted on walking down the aisle with him. Her friend pushed the wheelchair slowly behind them in case she asked for it afterwards.

They all danced in the field of flowers for a while before all returning separately to their rooms. Lilia and Lev chuckled, a little tipsy, as they bumped into the doorframe on the way into their room.

Lilia kissed Lev first, but it got intense quickly. They fell onto the bed together, moving around gently as they made out.

"I want to have a baby," Lilia breathed between kisses. Lev froze and it took a few moments for Lilia to process what had just come out of her mouth.

She slapped a hand over her mouth and sat up quickly. They hadn't had sex yet...they had gotten close, but they were both taking it slow, and they weren't married...

"I'm sorry. I'm tipsy," Lilia said through the hand covering her mouth. "We can talk about it later."

Lilia kissed Lev and they continued where they left off. Lev pulled back a few minutes later.

"Where do babies come from?"

********

Oh, I love the last line...poor innocent Lev!

Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate every single one of you.