Chapter 31

Hello! Hope you guys like this chapter. A certain someone has been begging me to upload...

********

Lev almost shattered the front door when he ran through it.

He was grateful he didn't, though, because he had no way to pay the pack back. The door was left wide open behind him, everyone in the house was in their rooms or in hiding because of the breach.

The breach.

This bastard Alpha wouldn't leave his mate alone, and for what? A forced mating? A furious snarl ripped through his throat. How dare he think he has the right?

To Lev's surprise, he was actually nervous about shifting. He hadn't fought in his new form, for one, and he also didn't know how his own pack would react. It was strange to have a pack that supported you rather than fighting for your position.

His thick, dark brown fur sprouted from his body as he shifted and grew into the air. The ground rumbled underneath him as he ran, quicker than any other wolf—including Roman's "pack"—to the battlefield.

He smelt them as soon as he left the house. When he got there, his stomach curled at the sight of the fight. It was a bloodbath. How was that weak Alpha able to get through so many warriors?

For once, Lev felt the pain of the families when they would learn their loved ones were dead. In Roman's pack, he had no connections...but these people? They were family.

A break occurred in the fight.

Lev caught a glance at the asshole's face and tripped over his own feet, causing him to skid straight into the middle of the battle.

Magic. That had to be the only explanation behind this. Howard's eyes glowed a bright, blinding purple as slobber practically poured from his mouth.

As all of the wolves paused near the riverbend, a slightly larger wolf jogged over to stand near Lev. By the smell of it, Alpha Blaton was standing next to him and giving him a small, thankful nod.

It seemed like Lev would be the only one able to defeat this magical beast Alpha Howard had become. Wolves in the pack began to back away in awe and fear as Lev charged towards the murderer.

I will avenge you, fallen. He swore to do his absolute best.

Howard saw the Lycan coming towards him and dropped the paw that he had ripped off of a warrior. Seeing that only fueled Lev's rage.

The beast charged towards the other beast, and at once they collided in a mess of growls, snarls, and fury.

Lev had the upper hand first. Other warriors were smart to not get involved and left Lev to fight on his own. He was not offended in the slightest.

He put his anger at the fallen warriors, anger at the stress and fear Howard was putting Lilia through, into the fight. It showed.

Howard may have been magic, but he was no match for Lev's fury. His mate was involved. That was all it took.

A few minutes into the snarling mess of slobber they were creating and the warriors around him began to yip and bark in celebration when they saw what Lev was holding.

He would put Howard's face on a spike and parade it around to get the humiliation he deserved. After he had beheaded the imbecile, it took a long time for him to calm down.

Alpha Blaton had shifted back and urged him to calm down, but it was no use. The only thing that eventually worked was Lilia.

"It's alright," she encouraged, "You won! You made your pack proud." Lev's growling ceased and a rumble of pride flowed through him.

"Follow us back to the packhouse Lev," Alpha Blaton muttered, clearly exhausted if his posture was any indication. His back was practically slumped forward.

This was the part he was dreading; being introduced to the pack. He was already nervous about being revealed, but it had obviously not gone according to plan.

What if they feared him now?

Lilia was waiting for him on the steps to the porch of the packhouse as well as Alpha Luke. Lilia couldn't help her bright smile as she sprinted towards him and collided with one of his legs.

She ignored the whispers of her packmates and cuddled into his leg, glad he wasn't severely injured. There had been a few scratches but his Lycan healed them rapidly.

"Gather the entire pack," Alpha Blaton bellowed loudly. Alpha Luke was tucked into his side. "We have some explaining to do."

Wolves came out of hiding to gather in the large, barren backyard.

"I apologize for not being able to explain sooner, but research needed to be done. As you all know, Lev and Lilia here found refuge with us after being held in a hostage situation." Alpha Blaton wiped his sweaty hair away from his forehead.

"We have discovered that Lev is one of the original North American Lycans," Alpha Blaton said loudly.

The crowd murmured loudly and Lilia was refusing to take her face out of Lev's furry leg. She didn't want to see if the crowd was angry.

"That's impossible!" A male pack member shouted.

"It has been verified by the Council, who have been staying here for almost a week. We didn't inform you because both of their lives are in danger, so we ask that you keep this a secret. It's very important," Alpha Luke explained.

After that, the crowd seemed to dissipate. A few stayed back to look at Lev in awe, but he was surprised no one had a problem with him being in the pack. That, he was grateful for.

He looked a Lilia and released a loud breath of relief. She smiled proudly at him and scratched the side of him.

"Hop on," Lev tried to flatten himself to the ground as much as possible.

"Are you serious?" She asked. Alpha Blaton turned to see if they were talking to him.

"Why would I be joking?" Lilia blushed and glanced around, meeting eyes with a smirking Alpha Blaton. She gripped Lev's fur tight and prayed she wasn't hurting him when she pulled on it.

It took her a minute, but after a while she was able to swing her left leg over and rest on top of him. She wiggled uncomfortably...it wasn't too comfortable for her legs, but she nuzzled into his fur and forgot about the soreness.

The Council was waiting for them inside the front doors after Lev had shifted into his human form and pulled on the clothes he had been wearing before the fight.

"Is everything taken care of?" Councilwoman Freidal asked quietly.

"Yes," Alpha Luke walked in behind them with Alpha Luke pulled into his side.

"How did an exiled Alpha manage to get through your ranks?" Councilman Jarold asked incredulously. Lev growled at the attitude towards his Alpha.

He was really starting to think of this as his pack, and he would do anything to protect it—even if it meant going against the Council.

He just had to keep reminding himself that they needed the Council and their army to defeat Roman.

And defeat they would...hopefully.

********

Hope you liked it!