Chapter 24

Hello! I hope everyone is having a great day :) it's a rainy day here, and usually it inspires me, but I can't find it in me to write today. My ideas will have to wait until tomorrow!

********

"Can we sleep in my mother's room tonight?"

Both Alphas had left the room and Lev was still in his human form. He thought about it for a second.

"Yes," was his simple response.

She smiled gratefully and put her hand on his cheek. She shrieked, then giggled in surprise when Lev shifted under her fingers.

She relaxed and brushed through his fur with her fingers.

"Let's go tell her the news," Lilia whispered. Lev followed closely behind her until they made it to Kate's room.

As soon as they walked into the room Kate dropped what she was doing and opened her arms for Lev. She had been plenty welcoming before they found out about Lev but this was on a completely different level.

Lev passed Lilia and jumped up on the bed. He crawled into her lap and Lilia giggled when Kate's arms wrapped around him. Lev practically melted on her lap and Lilia was surprised he wasn't purring.

"The Council is coming tomorrow," Lilia said gently. Johanna, who had been running her fingers through Lilia's hair froze in her spot.

"I've never met the Council!" Kate gasped excitedly. Johanna smiled at Kate's contagious happiness.

"They have proven that Lev is a Lycan so they want to meet with us before anyone gets word of it. I'm worried, Aunt Johanna. What if it spreads and Alpha Howie finds out? What if Lev's old leader finds out?" Lilia asked worriedly.

"It'll all be figured out with time," Johanna soothed. "I can't believe the Council is coming!"

"I hope they're keeping their travels quiet," Kate murmured. She started scratching underneath Lev's chin and his tail started thumping against the bed. Kate laughed at him.

Lilia was extremely glad Lev and her family got along so well. She was so frightened when she left Alpha Howard's pack but she couldn't imagine how scared her family was, letting her go with some unknown wolf.

"They said they are. I think they understand how important it is to keep his identity private," Lilia murmured. Johanna made a noise of understand and continued brushing her fingers through Lilia's hair.

"Can we sleep here tonight? I have a feeling the next few weeks, maybe months, are going to get busy," Lilia asked her mom.

"Of course! I would love to have you here," Kate smiled. Her hand started scratching Lev's stomach and Lev's leg started trying to scratch it to.

"You're not enjoying that at all, huh Lev?" Lilia's voice seemed to snap Lev out of his happiness. He sat up and scooted away from Kate with a huff.

"No," Kate whined, "Come back!"

"I was just joking, Lev. If you enjoy it, you don't have to stop!" Lilia chuckled. Lev contemplated that for a few moments, then crawled back into Kate's laugh.

That night went by fast. Time always went by fast when Lilia was with her family. That family included Lev now, too, and she couldn't be happier.

In the morning Johanna rushed Lilia around to get ready.

She put her in the nicest dress possible which turned out to be a thin, dark green, knee-length dress that was donated to her through the hand-me-down program in the pack.