Chapter 37

Three chapters left, including this one! SO sad to see this story coming to an end.

********

"It's good to see you up and moving. You gave us quite a scare," Dr. Nylan murmured.

Lilia and Lev sat at the same time and Lilia gripped his hand tightly. She didn't want to picture him lying on the floor, no heartbeat, ever again.

"This wolf came out, bigger than the rest," Lev began his story, "I thought it was Roman at first, but I think it might have been whatever magic source he has...it escaped after it struck me."

"Struck you?" Councilwoman Friedal asked. "How so?"

"It was like this big, purple ball of magic, and I couldn't move. It's like it froze me in place so it could hit me," Lev murmured.

"Sounds like a wizard," Councilman Danheart murmured.

"Do you think the wizard is working against their will or with Roman?" Blaton asked the room.

"Against their will," Lev answered.

"Why?"

"I never saw any sort of wizard when I was kept there. He must have kept them a secret, and afterwards, wolves had to pull the creature away. I think it wanted to stay and help," Lev said. Even he sounded confused.

Lilia couldn't picture seeing the things Lev had seen.

"We need to find them, then take them by surprise. The wizard needs to go first," Alpha Blaton demanded.

"The last wizard on Earth is an important creature, Alpha Blaton. We can't just kill it!" Councilwoman Longworth got angry rapidly.

"How do you expect us to be able to take it down without killing practically the entire pack?" Blaton got angry in return.

"We need to find a way," Councilman Jarold spoke. "We won't be responsible if the last wizard in the universe is killed. You will."

"Damnit," Blaton cursed, rubbing his hand up and down his face. "Dismissed."

Lilia stayed behind to talk to the Alphas, and Lev just simply sat and watched.

"We can lay out a trap to entice another attack," Alpha Luke whispered.

"Did you see him a few hours ago? He was dead!" Lilia stood. They were treating Lev like he was an object ready to dispose of.

"There's an ancient script," Alpha Luke snapped his fingers. "Why didn't I think of it earlier? There's probably something to counteract his magic in the ancient scrips!"

"What scripts?" Lilia murmured.

"Only the Council can access them," Alpha Blaton turned to face Lilia and Lev, "They've been archived for decades. I'll call them back in." He rushed out of the room and the door slammed behind him.

"What is this about?" Councilman Danheart hissed as they rushed back into the room.

"The scripts, there could be something there to help," Alpha Luke panted. He bent over to catch his breath. Lilia just watched the back and forth banter and sat back down next to Lev.

"There's only information about Lycans and vampires, both of which are deceased—except Lev. Besides, they're ancient!" Councilman muttered.

"The scripts contain information regarding Lycans, vampires, and wizards. Great job, Alpha Luke," Councilwoman Longworth nodded at the Alpha. "We'll examine them tonight. Hopefully we can have answers for you."