Chapter 34

We're getting so close! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, after this it gets crazy! Sorry for the super short chapter :)

********

"Lilia! Lev! We need to meet in ten minutes in the conference room!"

Lilia rushed to pull back from the kiss her and Lev had been locked in for almost half an hour. Lev removed his hands from her tangled hair and glanced at the door.

"We have to go," Lilia whispered. Her lips, soft, swollen, and dark pink, were an addiction to Lev. His newfound addiction being interrupted made him want to bar their door for the rest of their lives.

"I'm going to—uh—go clean up," she coughed. Lilia rushed into the adjoining bathroom and Lev allowed himself to flop onto his back on the bed. He reached up and touched his own lips to find them swollen as well.

Lev grinned a smug grin.

Lilia exited the bathroom moments later, her lips a spiral Lev wanted to fall down. He cleared his throat and shook his head to try and clear the image to no avail.

She walked up to the bed and held out her hand for Lev to take. He soon intertwined his fingers with hers and walked next to her until they got to the conference room. They were the last ones to arrive.

The Council sat in their regular seats, as well as both doctors, while the Alphas stood at the front of the room. Alpha Blaton gave Lev a knowing smirk while they sat down.

"Did we interrupt something?" he asked in Lev's head. The Lycan only glared at him.

"We called you here today because we fear Roman will attack soon. Rumors have begun to come up from southern packs that a large group of wolves has been seen moving through uncharted territory," Alpha Luke announced.

Blaton turned his attention to his mate.

"They could be moving to a stopping point then attacking," Councilman Jarold guessed. Everyone looked around the room at each other.

"We need to make sure our stations, patrol, and guard are all ready. Lev, we will be having extra training this week. I would like you to be there," Alpha Blaton murmured.

"He will," Lilia promised. She tried not to think about her tingling lips and focused on what the Alphas were saying.

"Sure," Lev spoke loudly. Lilia flinched next to him. He spoke so often through their minds that she had forgotten he could talk.

He shot her a glance to make sure she was alright. Lilia gave him a small smile and tried to wipe the shock off of her face.

"We will begin to participate in training," Councilwoman Longworth pointed her gaze at Councilman Jarold. "Anyone who fights needs to fight together. We need to learn together."

"Agreed. Thank you for your time," Alpha Luke smiled softly at the group. Murmurs filled the room as the Council slowly exited. Lilia stood, trying not to be obvious about her thoughts.

"So..." Alpha Blaton trailed off with a smile. "What did we interrupt?"

"You didn't interrupt at all," Lilia coughed. Lev just smirked at the two Alphas proudly.

"It's perfectly fine, Lilia. We were new mates once two," Alpha Luke wrapped his mate in a side hug. It was strange to picture the two cuddly, strong Alphas acting like Lilia and Lev.

"Have fun you two," Alpha Luke teased. Lev couldn't wipe the smirk off his face as they exited and rushed back to their room.

When they went to bed that night, Lilia cuddled Lev close and pulled him into another kiss. Her hand rested on his warm, tight abdomen that tensed and moved as they made out even more.

She had to pull away with a smile, slightly breathy and extremely tired.

"We should sleep," she whispered with a smile. Lev pulled her in tight and wrapped both arms around her. Lilia tucked her neck into his shoulder. She breathed in his peaceful, calming scent and closed her eyes.

Lev listened to her breathing even out before he let his eyes get droopy. They relaxed, basked in each others' warmth, and fell asleep holding each other.

When she woke up, Lilia wanted to do something special for Lev like he had done for her...though, he was a light sleeper, so it would be hard to get out of bed without waking him up.

She slowly slid her body down his until she had escaped and tip-toed out of the room. She met her mother and Johanna in the kitchen, telling them of her plan and smiling thankfully when they offered her help.

"You know, we helped Lev too," Johanna said smugly. Lilia figured he had help because he had never been in the kitchen before.

They made a quick and quiet breakfast; eggs, bacon, some potatoes and sausage, too. She smiled at the plate before thanking her family and quietly walking up the stairs again.

Lilia was surprised to see that he was still asleep! She placed the plate of food onto his nightstand and climbed back into bed to cuddle with him. He instinctively pulled her closer leaned his head against hers.

She pulled back a little.

"Lev, wake up," she whispered. Lilia pressed a kiss to his nose to see if it would wake him up.

It didn't.

She kissed him again, and again, and again, until his whole face was smothered in kisses. He crinkled his nose and pulled her in tightly so she couldn't kiss his face anymore.

"Seriously, get up!" She said a little bit louder than before. He tilted her head up so she could meet his sleepy, half-closed eyes and kissed her lightly on the lips.

A short moment later, Lilia watched him sniff his way over to glance at his nightstand. His face lit up like Christmas morning—which she was sure he had never experienced—and he let go of her to reach for the plate.

Lilia scooted back and watched him eat quickly and excitedly.

She could really get used to this.

********

I just realized this chapter has no substance! More of a filler chapter, but the next few will get crazy!