Forty Two

Jahseh

Three weeks later..

Stokeley and I moved around the kitchen as we prepared a breakfast for our moms and My nana. They are supposed to come over at ten and it's 9:30 so we are about to be done.

I started to set the table as Stokeley took the last pieces of toast out to the toaster and began being the food to the table. I bought plates that said happy Mother's Day on them and I even went out and bought them each some flowers.

"Is nana awake yet?" My mom sis as she walked into the kitchen. I sat the last fork down and looked up at her.

"I think so let me go check." I said as I started up the stairs. I walked down the hallway to Nanas room and softly knocked on her door.

After a few minutes she didn't answer to I just walked in. When I walked in she was laying on her bed with her hands crossed over her stomach and he eyes closed. She looks so peaceful. I went to her side and lightly shook her. "Nana wake up, everyone's here." I told her.

I remember she is a heavy sleeper so I tried a again.

"Nana I made breakfast for you for Mother's Day."

No response.

"Nana," I shook her again.

She stilled and didn't move or even respond. Something is not right. "NaNa what's wrong?" I shook her again.

Something isn't right. Out of curiosity I brought two fingers to her and checked her pulse and it was nothing.

I dropped my hands to my side as my mouth fell open. "Mom!" I yelled as I began to cry. "Mom! Someone help!" I called again. I shook my nana again and she still wasn't waking up.

"Please nana please wake up. Be okay," I said to her.

"What's wrong?" My mom asked as she appeared in the doorway. I looked up at her with my vision clouded by my tears.

"Somethings wrong!" I cried. I checked her wrist for a pulse but still nothing. "Call for help!" I told my mom. "Nana wake up. Please?" I started crying. I hugged her body as I cried harder.

I heard my mom on the phone with the ambulance as she started giving them the address.

"They are down the street." She told me. She had tears running down her face too.

"Aye what's going.. on?" Stokeley said as he came into the room and when he saw me he came to my side and hugged me. "Shh shh it's gonna be okay." He told me as he rubbed my back.

"No she's all I have," I cried. "Why did you take her!" I yelled. Hoping my father would hear.

Her time came! I'm sorry son. I couldn't help this one. She had cancer.

"She was sick?" I asked my mom.

"S-She had cancer," she said.

"Why didn't you guys tell me," I cried.

"She didn't want to," My mom said.

My breathing got heavy as I cried harder. "Hey calm down look what your doing?" Stokeley whispered to me. I saw that the ground was shaking and a storm came outside. It was just 109 degrees so I know I did that.

Books began to fall off shelves and pictures.

"Baby shh .. look at me.. breath.. in... out.." Stokeley said as he tried to calm me down. I fell to the floor and cried harder as I ran my hands through my hair.

A/n: remember his grandma pretty much raised him and they were extremely close.

"Jahseh listen you have to calm down," Stokeley said.

"I can't I can't. It hurts!" I cried.

"Please baby," he told me. " Come on focus on your breathing. In ... out.."

I eventually started breathing normally again so the storm started to go away and the ground stopped shaking.

"You did this." I said to my father.

The cancer did it. I couldn't stop this one. Then it would have been your mom.

"Damn it," I cried it.

Go read this book please