The Flu

Laying in bed I have felt so awful, throwing up all day and night, Aubree moving like mad, and I feel so empty and broken. "Kali let's go get some good you need to eat more." Liam says rolling over in bed next to me.

"I cant, I'm not feeling good."

"You've been saying that the past two weeks, were nearing her due date and let's do some things before she comes."

"I just can't Liam, I need to rest I feel too sick and I haven't slept lately."

"I'm gonna call my mum and have her make you some tea."

"I just want to be left alone." Feeling the vomit threaten I grab the large bin Liam got me and heave everything I have in it. Coughing and gauging Liam comes over rubbing circles on my back soothingly.

"We should go to a clinic you are too sick it's been going on for so long."

"This is normal for some women and I just so happen to have he brunt of it." I gauge on the awful test, this feels so horrible.

"This doesn't seem too normal to me."

"It's fine, I just need to rest."

"What if your sick when you go into labour? You have two weeks left! You've been sick for two straight weeks! I just don't want you to have her delivered by C-section."

"At this point that doesn't sound too bad." Setting the bin down I lay back down on the bed on my side rubbing my belly.

"Okay, but I'm just gonna call my mum okay? It won't hurt to call her."

"Okay I don't mind I'm just gonna rest." Closing my eyes I just try to sleep feeling my nerves calm some.

~^~*~^~@~^~*~^~

Waking up I still feel awful, completly sick and sore, and just disgusting. Smelling the fresh tea on the bed side table I sit up enough so I can drink it but not fast enough to make me sick again. Taking the warm mug I begin to drink it, drinking it slowly but I already am starting to feel much better. Maybe just the warmth and the small bit of honey is making me calm down some. Finishing the cup of tea I begin to feel hot, this cant be the flu, this is dangerous. Crawling out of the bed carefully I make my way down the stairs carefully from my aching body, every joint hurts inside of me. "Liam, we need to go to a clinic." I state loud enough for someone to hear me, soon there is scrambling around in the kitchen and Karen emerges.

"Why what is wrong?"

"I think I have the flu, we need to get there, its dangerous for the baby, I made it this far and there is no way I am letting her go."

"Are you sure you are sick?" She asks coming to me and feeling my head before she sighs. "Okay lets go, Liam is out looking for some things for you to take, he will meet us there." She takes my arm and carefully guids me to her car, its so cold outside and I can tell it is going to snow soon. Climbing into the car I rest in the seat from my achy back. She climbs into the car and we head off to the hospital.

~^~*~^~@~^~*~^~

"Well Kali you do have the flu, your baby is stable, but we are going to give you the flu shot to make sure you dont get it again. We are going to keep you over night and see how both of you are feeling." The doctor ingects me with the flu shot and I cringe at the feeling of it. He pulls it out rubbing the area but his rubbing is actually painful since my nerves are sensitive. "Would you like to see baby one more time before you deliver?" He asks coming to the ultrasound machine.

"It might not be the last, my mother carried very late so its possible I might." He gives a small chuckle pulling up my gown, he puts some gel on my giant stomach. There are no stretch marks thankfully because my mother never had them and I was very fit before I became pregnant. He puts the thing on my stomach showing a slower heart rate. "Is she okay?"

"Yes the more they develop the slower the heart rate she is perfectly fine."

"And her finger? Is it still gone?" He looks around in my stomach.

"Actually no, I don't know why you say it's gone? It's fully here." He shows both of her hands stretched out showing all her fingers.

"What? The last doctor said she had a finger missing."

"No it must have been bent down or something she's perfectly fine. She's a bit stressed because you have the flu but take a nap. Rest and you should be better soon." I nod and he leaves, I wipe off the stuff and turn to my side pulling the thin blanket up and over me. I am just so happy she is One hundred percent but even if she wasn't I still would love her.

"Kali I am so sorry I came as quickly as I could. Is she okay?" Liam charges in the room while I was deciding I wanted to sleep.

"She's fine, and the doctor said she has all fingers." I choke feeling the tears threaten in my eyes. He looks so surprised but beyond happy.

"Shes okay? Really? But how we saw that she had no ring finger?" He asks grabing my hand, it has an IV in it to get fluids in me to drain out all the bacteria. 

"The doctor didnt see that her finger was bent like this, but I saw, she had all fingers." Showing him what I meant she had the bent finger. 

"Did they say anthing about you delivering soon? Like anything at all?"

"No they didnt check me, so they said nothing at all about it." 

"So your still not ready to have her?"

"No trust me I want her out I think more than you because I am tired of this. I just want her out of me, I am tired of the hormones and the sickness." I sigh getting as comfortable as I can in the bed but its imposible.

"You get some rest and we can talk more about it later, hopefully they can tell us when she will come okay? Maybe if she is not here on her due date we can induce her?"

"Everything needs to be natural, women back in the day did it natural in a bush." He looks at me with horror.

"Your not going to have her in a bush are you?" He almost panicks making me just laugh with my belly jolting but hurting my achy back.

"No, we said in a pool or the shower, when is it coming in?"

"It did two days ago, but get some rest, I will still be here when you wake up." He sooths, I agree lowering the bed down and the lights are soon turned off by the button on my bed. I can now rest and I already feel much better.