✔ 14

Taymor
Shifting slightly my eyes opened when I felt Kentrell's body heat leave mine. I wasn't really asleep though I was trying to. I laid still hearing his movements around. After a few minutes his presence hovered over me. I felt him placing a kiss on my cheek. I didn't want to watch him walk out but I still found myself turning around.

"You still up?"he asked surprised as he straightened. I shook my head sitting up. Its a little past three a.m. He had a small duffel bag in his hand.

"Is it bad that I don't wanna leave even though I have to?"he looked down at me  a small sad smile on his lips.

"Is it bad that I want you to stay even if I know you can't?"I replied my voice hoarse and my jaw still hurting. We stared at each other in silence for a couple of minutes. He then extended his hand out to me. I took it now standing in front of him.

"Thank you for everything Taymor. Despite the fact that you didn't know me you still helped me out. It's been wonderful hanging out with you."I was surprised by how well he was talking right now." I know we didn't exactly meet on the best of terms but I wouldn't have it any other way."he flashed me a smile before leaning down and pecking my nose. I blushed shifting my gaze down. I was suddenly being engulfed in a bear hug. I clung tightly to his torso taking in his scent.

"Aye anybody home?"we heard from outside the room.

"It's time luh baby." Kentrell whispered his hold on me tightening abit. I shut my eyes tightly trying to will him to stay but soon enough he was pulling away from me. "Its been nice meeting you Travon."he extended his hand for me to shake and I did.

"Pleasure is all mine DeSean."I gave him tight lipped smile. I wanted to cry when he let go of my hand turning on his heel. He picked up his duffel bag heading for the door. I wanted so bad to run after him and hug him. I wanted to kiss him and beg him to stay or take me with him but I didn't. I've been through it once.

Watching Kentrell lift his hand to the knob twisting it I could only see him .I could only replay a similar scene in my head.

"Good bye Taymor."he turned around. I swallowed hard.

"Good bye Kentrell. Stay safe and don't get caught."I smiled slightly. He nodded then just like that he was out the door. I stood there staring at the closed door. I waited. Nothing happened. He was gone. I slowly slid to the floor my hand covering my mouth.

✳✳✳

I walked into the garage finding everybody busy. I haven't been here in almost three months.

"Tay?"Cordae yelled getting the attention of everyone else." You're back!"he squealed jumping on me. Before I knew it I was tackled to the ground several bodies on me.

"Men y'all finna kill me."I gasped from under them. They slowly peeled off me one by one Jahseh finally helping me up.

"Oh man you should see your jeep right now. I worked sooo hard on it. I'm so excited for you to see the new look."he chirped bouncing around on his feet.

"Oh yeah business has been great since you left. All the money is in the bank account-"I switched everyone off as I dusted my duffel bag beginning to head straight to the little office. It was neat and cleaner than I expected. I sat down behind my desk a sigh escaping my lips.