Vanya x Female Reader - Coming Out

Smol AU where Dave and Klaus never met in 1968
Also Dave is your brother- adopted or not.

(Kind of like a Part 2 to 'Acceptance')
Trigger Warning: Homophobia

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Are you sure you want to do this? You don't have to." My girlfriend, Vanya said quietly.
"If you're not ready-"

"Vanya, it's okay." I said, squeezing her hand.
"Are you ready?" She nodded her head and I knocked on the door. My mother opened it a few minutes later and she smiled at us.

"Vanya! Sweetheart, how are you?" She said kindly.
"I didn't know you were bringing a friend, Y/N."

"Yeah, it was kind of a last minute thing." I lied and she nodded.

"That's fine!" She let us in and I saw my brother, Dave stood in the front room.
I abandoned my secret girlfriend and jumped on my brother.

"Hey, you little dork." He laughed and I grinned

"I missed you, you crazy Bastard." I laughed. Dave was always at war and I loved it when he came home.

"Wow, Vanya is that you?" Dave smiled.
"God, you haven't changed at all." He laughed, hugging her.
I had been friends with Vanya for most of my life and we had only been dating a few months. No one knew about it except for us and Vanya's family.

"Hey, Dave." Vanya smiled.

"What are you doing here?" He asked and I gave Vanya a small smile.

"We have an announcement we want to make over dinner." I said and Dave nodded his head.

"Ugh, you two are here." My oldest brother, Elijah, groaned. He walked past with his twin brother Elliot.

"I can't believe you bothered to come back, Y/N." Elliot spat harshly.

"Don't listen to them, Y/N." Dave mumbled and I sighed.
Elliot and Elijah always hated me for no reason whatsoever. I was the youngest child and they always 'bullied' me.

"Dinner is ready!" I heard Mom shout and we all headed to the dining room.
I sat next to Vanya, opposite Elijah and Elliot, whilst my mother and Dave sat at the heads of the table.

"So, Y/N, what did you want to talk about?" Dave asked and Vanya took my hand under the table.

"So..." I took a deep breath.

"You're pregnant, aren't you?" Elijah asked with a smirk.
"You always were a slut."

"Shut it." Dave practice growled.
"Y/N?"

"I've met someone." I said quickly and Elliot laughed.

"You practically called a family meeting, because you met someone?" He asked.
"God, you're more pathetic than I thought."

"Boys, shut up a minute." My mother said. They always were her favourites.

"I've known this person for a while and I know I already love them more than I love myself." I squeezed Vanya's hand under the table.

"When do we get to meet him?" My mother asked and I rolled my eyes.

"You already have." I said and everyone but Dave and Vanya looked shocked. Dave just had a knowing smile as he looked between me and Vanya.

"Then who is it?" The twins asked in unison and I looked at Vanya, before putting our connected hands on the table.

"What?" My mother asked in shock.
"No... I didn't raise you like this." She said and I felt my heart shatter.

"Mom-" Dave tried.

"You're disgusting." Elijah spat and Vanya tightened her grip on my hand.

"Get out. I don't want Fags in my house." My mother said and I could feel tears burning my eyes.

"Come on, Y/N." Dave said, standing up. We all looked at him in surprise.
"My boyfriend doesn't live too far from here."

"Dave?!" My mother screeched.

"Peace out, straights!" Dave shouted as he followed Vanya and I out of the house.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Vanya asked Dave awkwardly.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He shot back, shrugging his shoulders.
"By the way, I don't actually have a boyfriend, I was just bullshitting to annoy them. But, yeah, I'm kinda really gay."

"Dave, you are literally the best brother ever." Vanya laughed
"Anyway, let's just go back to the Academy."
It only took us 10 minutes to get to the large building and we were greeted with Allison.

"Hey, Y/N have you been crying?" She asked immediately, dragging all 3 of us inside.
"Who's this?"

"Y/N has been crying?" Klaus asked, appearing out of nowhere.

"Who do I need to kill?" Diego asked from behind Klaus.

"We tried to come out to Y/N's family, but it didn't go to plan. Her brother is gay, though." Vanya said and Diego hugged me.

"How many do I have to kill?" Diego asked, making me laugh.

"No thanks, Dee." I laughed and noticed Klaus was practically mentally undressing Dave.
"This is my brother, Dave."

"Hey, I'm- I'm Klaus." Klaus said.
"Holy fuck, are you an angel?" Dave blushed.

"I ship it." Allison laughed.

"You two owe me a girls night." She said, pulling me and Vanya away.
I guess the saying is wrong; 'You can choose your friends, but not your family' because I sure as Hell choose these guys as my family.