Diego x Female Reader - Knives

R E Q U E S T E D

Y/N's P.O.V.

I let out a sigh as I sat down at the bar. The public toilets in some places, jeez. I shuddered, before finishing my drink and reaching down for my bags.
I looked down in confusion when I could only find one bag.
I looked around, there weren't many people in the room and even less that could probably run off with my bag.
I let out a groan of annoyance, before turning to the barmaid.

"Did anyone come over here?" I asked and she shrugged.
"One of my bags has been taken. Yes or no, did someone come over here in the few minutes I was gone?"

"Some guy, I guess." She chewed her gum.
"He came over here and ordered a beer. He moved into the other room." She pointed to the other half of the bar and I sighed, making sure I had everything, before venturing over to the busier side of the business.
This half was considerably larger and more crowded as I looked around for my bag.

"You bastard." I muttered, seeing a guy in the far corner with my bag on the table and one of my knives in hand. He was cleaning it as I walked up to him, before sitting down in the seat opposite him.
"Excuse me, but that is my emotional support knife collection and I'd appreciate it if you got your grubby paws off of it."

"What was that?" He asked in annoyance and I rolled my eyes.

"My knives, look." I took the silver blade from his hand. I threw it a few inches in the air, before catching it and showing him the knife.
"My initials. My knives."

"Oh, God. I'm so sorry." He turned bright red and I realised I was being a little harsh on him.

"It's fine. I just don't appreciate it when they go missing." I shrugged and he passed me my bag back.

"No I get it. I have a bag just like that and I'd go crazy if someone took it." He laughed awkwardly and butterflies exploded in my stomach. How could someone have such a beautiful laugh.

"This bag?" I pushed a bag that was similar to mine out from under the table and the man put his head in his hands.

"I'm an idiot." A cute idiot.

"It's no big deal." I shrugged and he sighed.
"I have to get home, Netflix and pizza are practically calling my name."

"I could walk you?" He suggested as I stood up and I almost laughed.

"You have a bag of knives and you're asking me if I want an escort home? No thanks, I'm not in the mood to get stabbed."

"You have a bag of knives, too." He sassed and this time I did laugh a little.

"Touché." He smiled.

"Then how about coffee? As an apology for putting my 'grubby paws' on your knives." I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment and the butterflies returned.

"Sure." He passed me his phone and I typed my number before leaving, not even knowing his name.