Five x Female Reader - Not The Only One

Y/N's P.O.V.

I always knew that I was different, anyone who looked at me could tell.
If it wasn't my appearance that put people off, it was definitely my personality. I was physically vulnerable, mentally superior and an overall closed off, quiet person.
I mean, if you were like me, you would be.

"Y/N, pay attention." My mother sighed, pulling my earphones out of my ears. I scowled at her.
"Look, I get that with your condition that it makes your life difficult, but you're 29 years old, I think it's time you get your own place."

"Really? 29 years old?" I asked sarcastically.
"Last time I checked I looked like a 14 year old. I've never even met anyone like me, it's not some kind of medical phenomenon- I'm just a freak. You know it, I know it, so why not just say it?"

"Y/N, calm down..." She sighed and I looked at her in disbelief.
"I'm doing this for your own good."

"Yeah, right." I scoffed.
"How do you expect me to get an apartment? A job?"

"Well if you explain your condition-" I cut her off by putting my earphones back in and walking towards the door. I grabbed my shoes and left without even considering the consequences.

~

The sun was setting and I had walked out of my house about 4 hours ago. My phone had died and I was tired of walking around. Deciding it would be best just to go home, I started the short journey, taking a shortcut down an alleyway.
Much to my luck, an irritatingly cliché event occurred, a drunken man, maybe in his late 40's, grabbed onto my wrist, pulling me back against him.

"Where are you running off to, you pretty little thing?" He slurred and I rolled my eyes.
He had an iron clad grip on my wrist whilst his other hand trailed down my side and I was too tired to be dealing with this shit.
"Answer me." He said suddenly, grabbing onto my hip roughly. I winced, before putting my free hand on his.

"I would kill for a cup of coffee/tea right now, unfortunately you're slowing me down... and like I said, I would kill." I threw my head back, the back of my skull coming into contact with his nose. He let go of my wrist, but I still held his hand as I turned, twisting his arm in the process, before slamming him against the wall.

"You crazy bitch!" He screeched and I smirked to myself, before someone cleared their throat.
I let go of the guy and looked at the boy in front of me. He was about the same age as me but he had that look in his eyes...

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked and a shiver ran down my spine.

"Not at all. I was just teaching him a lesson." I said innocently.

"I know. I saw everything." He said, the smallest smirk on his face.
"Where'd you learn to fight?"

"I'm afraid I don't have time for this. There's a cup of coffee/tea waiting for me." I said, moving some hair out of my face and attempting to walk past the boy, only for him to grab my wrist.
"Careful, you saw what I did to the last guy that grabbed me." I said lowly and glanced over at the drunkard whimpering to himself against the wall.

"I'm nothing like him." The boy said in an almost disgusted tone, looking at the pitiful man as if he was nothing more than a cockroach.
"Come on, your drink can wait. Anyway, I know a great place that sells tea/coffee."

"Not interested." I said dismissively.

"Yes you are. If you weren't you would have left by now." He said in a smart-ass tone and I knew he was right.
"Also, you're curious. Curious about me." Shit this kid was good.

"One drink and you're paying." I said and he smirked at me.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." I nodded and we left, not looking back.
It was barely a 10 minute walk to Griddy's Donuts and I couldn't help but smile to myself. I hadn't been here in years.
"Tell me, where did you learn how to fight like that?" The boy asked once we sat down with our drinks.

"Why? Interested in learning?" I joked and he sipped his black coffee.
"I took self defence classes and boxing lessons when I was younger. I kind of developed my own style." I shrugged.

"It was definitely unique." He said calmly and I smirked.

"I guess you could say; It has that certain 'je ne sais quoi'." He raised an eyebrow and I sipped my drink.

"I'm Five. Five Hargreaves." He said smoothly and I got that shiver up my spine again.

"Y/N L/N."

"You intrigue me." He said, putting his cup down and looking at me carefully.

"I'm not that interesting." I said, amused by his curious expression.

"Funny." He looked me in the eye and I froze. A flicker of a smile appeared and he didn't brake his gaze.
"Uninteresting people don't generally have to say that."

"So I'm not interesting, but not uninteresting either." I sighed.
"What are you?"

"Why are you trying so hard to hide?" He asked suddenly.
"Hiding behind those E/C coloured contact lenses and the confidently innocent persona. What do you get for hiding who you really are?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"How...?" I muttered and he smiled at me.

"I notice small things. You're not the only one." He said proudly.
"All of us born in 1989, unexpectedly. All of us with different abilities and strengths."

"I wouldn't call this a strength." I sighed, drinking my drink.

"You're underestimating yourself. You can blend in, act innocent, but still be a deadly little thing." He said and I smiled a little, looking down in embarrassment.

"What about you?" He picked his cup back up and then in a flash, he was gone. My eyes widened and a tapping on the window made me turn to see Five with a grin on his face and a cup of coffee in his hands. I laughed a little and he appeared in front of me.

"The apocalypse is coming." He said bluntly.
"Total wipe out of humanity and I want your help in stopping it."

"Why me?" I asked and he looked confused.
"I mean, like you said, I'm not the only one. Why me?"

"I already told you." He said standing up and holding out his hand for me to take.
"You intrigue me."