Klaus x Female Reader - Pretend

Y/N's P.O.V.

"You know because you're my bestest, sweetest, most kind, favourite person ever?" Klaus said, dropping onto my bed.
I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment as my crush stared up at me with those god damn gorgeous pleading eyes.
I'd had a crush on him since the day I met him, almost 4 years ago, but he made it kind of obvious at times that he thought of me as his little sister.

"What's up Klaus?" I said as smooth as I could. It was kind of hard to keep my eyes on his face when he wasn't wearing a shirt, only his leather pants.

"Well you know how dad died and I'm gonna have to go to the funeral and probably be completely ignored? Ben thinks- alright calm down!" Klaus glared at the wall, presumably where the ghost of his brother was.
"I think it would be fun if you came with me? You know, put the fun in funeral?"

"Klaus, we both know that is a terrible idea." I sighed.
"I can't just show up to a family funeral because you'll get bored."

"You can if you're family." He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"What have you done?" I asked carefully and he rolled off of my bed, landing on his knees. As if he pulled it out of thin air, Klaus held a small black box.
"What?"

"Would you do me the honour of being my pretend wife?" He opened the box, revealing a set of rings and my jaw dropped.
"Well?"

"Klaus... Christ!" I stood up and walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.
Yes, I was probably being over dramatic. But Klaus-fricking-Hargreeves just proposed to me. My long term crush. Even if it was pretend it was overwhelming.
I took a deep breath and less than 2 seconds later Klaus knocked on the door.

"Y/N?" He asked quietly and guilt pooled in my stomach after hearing the worry in his voice.
"I didn't mean to upset you. Please come out so we can talk about it."

"Klaus, can you just go home please?" I replied, looking at my feet awkwardly. I could feel the tears forming and I tried to blink them away.
"I feel kind of sick."
He was silent for a few minutes and for a moment I thought he had left.

"Y/N, please let me in?" Klaus asked carefully.
"I know I upset you, just let me in, okay?"

"Klaus-"

"No! Ben's in there with you and he told me that you're crying. He also keeps calling me a dumbass, for not realising it sooner." I quickly wiped at my eyes and looked at the door.

"Realising what?" I asked and Klaus sighed.

"Open the door, please?" Giving in, I opened the door. I didn't expect Klaus to hug me immediately, pulling me into his chest and wrapping his arms around me.
"Hey, I'm sorry, Y/N. I really am." He whispered, placing a gentle kiss on my head.

"For what?" I asked and Klaus broke the hug, taking my hand and pulling me back into my bedroom. We both sat on the bed and Klaus looked down at the sheets, almost nervously.
"Klaus?"

"I love you, Y/N. I don't know when or where I fell for you, it just happened." He said quickly and I froze.
"You make me happy and I feel safe with you. I feel like me. I don't have to pretend to be strong or okay. You're pretty and smart and you deserve so much more than putting up with me all the time. I just thought you needed a friend, a brother, so I tried to be there for you. I had no idea you liked me, if I had..."

"How'd you know?" I asked and Klaus glanced at the doorway.

"When you went into the bathroom, Ben screamed at me." Klaus said guiltily.
"He told me I was blind and that I should have noticed that you like me and that pretending to propose was probably too overwhelming for you."

"No- I..." I wanted to argue and tell him it wasn't his fault, but I couldn't find the words.
Instead I held his hand and he looked at me. Worry and guilt covered his face and I forced a small smile, before pulling him to lay next to me.
"Can we just lay here for a bit?" I asked and he chuckled.

"If you want to, Y/N." He replied and I closed my eyes.
"Y/N... I mean it. I do love you and I understand if you don't love me."

"I think I do." I said and Klaus took a sharp intake of breath.

"Really?" I hummed in response.
Klaus wrapped his arms around me and moved me so I was laid on his chest.
"Get some rest, Y/N." Klaus whispered and I fell asleep.

"Night... Klaus."