Ben x Female Reader - Funeral

This is kind of awful...
Meh. A literal 3AM chapter
Warning: F E E L S

Y/N's P.O.V.

I looked at myself in the mirror, wincing at my appearance.
I hated this stupid black dress and I hated that this all had to be today.
The sky was grey and miserable, it looked like it was going to rain.
A gentle tapping on my door made me look away from the window and back at my reflection.

"Y/N? It's Diego." I heard my brother say quietly.
"It's starting soon and- and you need to come out of your room and eat something."

"I'm not hungry." I replied numbly.

"You haven't come out of your room in 3 days, Y/N. You need to eat something." I moved away from the mirror, before closing the door to my en-suite bathroom
"We're all worried about you."

"Don't be." I sighed and my door opened slightly. I looked at Diego in his black suit and something in me snapped. A sob escaped my lips and he quickly moved forward, embracing me in a tight hug.

"Come on, Y/N. Let it out." He whispered and I broke down. For the first time since Ben died, I allowed myself to take down my barriers and just cry. Diego rubbed my back, before I took a few steps back, wiping my face.
"Have something to eat, please. Just come out of your room. Ben wouldn't want you to be like this, we can't lose you too."

"I know." I whimpered.
"I just miss him, so much." Diego nodded his head and I took a shaky breath, before following him downstairs. We made it to the dining table and I took my seat.

"Ah, Number Eight. You decided to join us?" Dad asked and I saw that both Klaus, Vanya and Diego all tensed.
"I understand that you needed time to grieve the loss of Number Six, but that is no excuse to throw a tantrum and refuse to come out of your room."

"His name was Ben." I spat and Vanya shook her head at me.
"He hated his power, what you made him do. He hated you. I hate you." I stood up, but Luther did too, blocking my exit.
"Luther, get out of my way."

"You're not thinking straight, Y/N." He said lowly and I tried to push past him, but he wrapped his arm around my waist, not letting me go anywhere.
"Sit down and eat something."

"Fine." I pushed myself back and took my seat once more, Klaus giving me a sympathetic look.
I picked at my food, not really hungry and ignoring the glares from Diego.

"Once the ceremony is over, you will have 2 hours to grieve your brother, then there is a training session I would like you all to attend." Dad said in an almost bored tone and I looked at him in disbelief.

~

"We'll all miss Master Ben. He was young, respectful and taken way before his time." Pogo said sadly.
"He will be greatly missed by all of us."

"Ben... He was a special kid." Diego said quietly.
"You could rely on him for anything and he'd get it done. Y/N spoke the truth today. He hated his powers, but God I hope he's in a better place now."

"Ben was like a little brother to all of us. We are all the same age, but Ben was... Ben." Allison smiled weakly.
"I miss you little bro."

"Ben," Klaus sighed.
"Little Benny, always there for me even when I don't want you to be." He glared at the area next to the statue for a moment.
"Though, right now I'd do anything to have you back, alive."

"He didn't deserve to die." Was all Luther said.

"You're right, he didn't." Vanya whispered.
"Ben, we're all going to miss you so much. We weren't exactly close, but you were always there for me. Thank you." I ignored the tears threatening to spill and took a deep breath.

"You were my best friend, my brother. My rock and my safe place. I don't know how I'm going to live without you, Ben." I could feel my body shaking and Klaus took my hand in his.
"I love you, so much." The rain began to fall.
"I really hope you're in a safer place with no good guys or bad guys, just you and a happy little dream life. You... You deserve it, Ben. You earned it."