12.

After breakfast, Dallon decides to go to work, mainly because he gets a call from his assistant, who asks him if he really can't come into work because there were a few people who needed to talk to him.

Dallon doesn't really mind it, he was hoping that time away from Brendon would give him some time to think about where he was going with this whole arrangement thing.

"I'll see you, Dall," Brendon says and he kisses Dallon's cheek.

"Yeah, I'll text you."

Brendon gets out of the car and Dallon watches as he walks into the building where he lives and he can't help but feel a little sad.

"To work, please," he says to his driver, who looks in the mirror and nods. They drive away and Dallon just grabs his phone, seeing that his assistant has sent him some texts about the meetings he has today.

She knew that Dallon couldn't go without work for a day.

When he gets to work, he takes the elevator to his office and smiles, as some other people step in.

"Mr. Weekes, good morning," Stella, Dallon's assistant, says, as Dallon walks in and she smiles at him.

"I'm glad you could come into work. There is some paperwork I need you to sign and you have a meeting with RedEye at 4." "Have you ever caught feelings for someone you're not supposed to like in a romantic way?"

Stella raises her eyebrows and her eyes grow big.

"Uhh, sir?" "I'm sorry, I shouldn't ask about your personal life. Forget I ever said that." "Alright, sir. If you need to talk to someone, I can make an appointment with your psychologist?" "No, thanks. I've got it under control." "Alright then. I've got your paperwork on your desk, sir."

Dallon smiles and walks into his office and sits down behind his desk, looking at the huge pile of paperwork that's sitting on his desk.

He was behind on work now, even though he had finished all his work, yesterday.

He just starts on reading the first contract and taps his pen on the desk mindlessly, concentrating on the text so he doesn't miss anything.

 After a while, Stella comes walking in and she smiles at Dallon, as he looks up.

"To answer your question, sir. I have. And it's painful, but you eventually get over it."

Without saying anything else, Stella hands Dallon a file and walks away again.
---
When Brendon walks into his apartment, he can't help but sigh.

He had actually been excited to spend the day with Dallon, but now Dallon was at work and Brendon was alone.

He decides to just go back to bed because he was tired and kinda sad and he would just hide in bed.

After a while of just laying under the covers, trying to sleep, he hears his phone buzz and looks at it.

He kind of hates himself for wanting it to be Dallon, who texts him and he hates himself even more when he feels his heart skip, as he sees that it actually is Dallon.

Dallon: I felt kinda bad for leaving you, just like that. I might have sent you a little surprise.
Brendon: Can't wait to see what it is, daddy ;)
Dallon: I think you'll see soon enough.

Brendon just raises his eyebrows, thinking about what it could be and he jumps a little when he hears the doorbell ring.

He opens it and his eyes grow big at the huge bouquet of roses in front of him.

"Delivery for Brendon Urie." "Uhh, that's me, thanks."

The delivery guy hands Brendon the flowers and Brendon stumbles backwards.

"Okay then..." He mumbles, after closing the door with his foot and he walks into the kitchen.

He looks for a vase, smiling as he finally finds one and puts the roses in it.

"Beautiful," he says, as he puts the roses on the kitchen counter and he smiles at how nice they look in his black and white kitchen.

He grabs his phone and sends a picture.

Brendon: Thank you😊
Dallon: those are not mine..?
Brendon: what?
Dallon: I didn't send you flowers. I sent you those bagels you told me you liked...
Brendon: wtf. Let me find out who these are from then.

Brendon searches for a card, finding a little, handwritten note between the roses.

'I know you still love me x Ryan'

Something inside of Brendon completely snaps and he swipes the roses and vase of the kitchen counter.

The vase breaks into a million little pieces and there's water everywhere, but Brendon didn't care.

Ryan needed to know that he was done with him and so he grabs his phone and dials Ryan's number.

"Hey, Bren!" "You need to listen to me real good, right now. I never want to hear anything from you ever again. You need to leave me alone, or I will call the fucking police!" Brendon yells, before hanging up the phone and throwing it across the room.

It shatters immediately, but Brendon doesn't fucking care.

He is trembling, as he tries to calm himself down and that's when the doorbell rings again.

Brendon storms to the front door and swings the front door open, seeing a delivery guy stand in front of him.

"Hi, I've got some bagels for Brendon Urie. Mr. Weekes sends them, with love." "Thank you," Brendon says, his voice suddenly soft and broken.

He wanted Dallon to be here right now, but he couldn't let Dallon know because he just smashed his phone and he didn't have a land-line, yet.

And so he just sits on the couch and starts eating the bagels.

When the doorbell rings for the third time, Brendon really doesn't know who it could be.

Dallon is standing in front of him and Brendon immediately caves in.

He wraps his arms around Dallon's waist and starts crying into his chest.

"Hey, are you okay?" "He sent me the roses. And I hate him and I want him to be gone, forever."

Dallon rubs Brendon's back and kisses the top of his head.

"I'll make sure he's gone, okay?" "Please..."