43.

Thanks for 16K views!!!

"Why do you need to go into work today?" Brendon asks, walking after Dallon, into the hallway.

Dallon grabs his jacket and his keys, turning around to Brendon with a frown on his face.

"I'm so sorry, baby... People committed fraud within the company and I need to find out what went wrong." "But we were just gonna have a nice time here, together..." "I know, honey. And I don't like leaving you behind like this, I really don't... I feel really bad, honey."

Brendon sighs and looks at Dallon with a disappointed look.

"Baby, please... I'm sorry." "It's whatever."

Brendon walks past Dallon, into the living room and Dallon walks after him, putting on his jacket.

"Brendon, I'm really sorry that I have to go, but I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?"

Brendon shrugs and Dallon pulls him closer to him, holding his hands.

"Hey, honey... If you want to, I could bring you back to New York too?" "No, it's fine. It's just that I'm gonna be alone for the entire day, now..." "I'm really gonna be back as soon as I can, okay? And you can call me at any time you want." "Alright." "I gotta go now, okay, love?" "Yeah. Good luck."

Dallon kisses Brendon softly and when he pulls back, he smiles.

"I love you, Bren." "I love you too."
---
As soon as Dallon gets to the office, Stella walks up to him and hands him a few files.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Weekes. Here's some info on the whole fraud thing. Some of the people from accounting and HR are sitting in conference room one. I'll be there in a second." "Alright, thanks."

Stella walks to her desk and Dallon waits for her.

"It took you a while to get here, sir." "Yeah, I was in Maine, with Brendon." "I'm sorry to have bothered you." "No, it's okay. I'd rather find out who committed fraud than getting arrested for it myself."

They walk into the conference room and Dallon sits down at the end of the table, putting the files he has in front of him.

Stella sits down next to him and gets out her notebook and a pen.

"Good morning, everyone. We're here because some of you committed fraud and apparently, it's very difficult to realize that that's really illegal and we could all be out of a job if we don't correct this."

No one says anything and Dallon looks around the room.

"So first of, I need to know what you guys did, exactly and how we are gonna fix this."

One of the guys from accounting starts explaining it and Dallon writes some things down and highlighting some of the things in the files he has.

Suddenly, Dallon's phone starts buzzing and he looks at it, seeing that Brendon is calling him.

He gets up, making everyone look up at him and he smiles a little.

"Excuse me for a minute.  This is important."

He walks out of the room and picks up the phone.

"Hey, baby," he says.

"Hi. Uhm, when you're done in New York, could you maybe stop by our apartment and bring my laptop?" Brendon asks and Dallon smiles a little.

"Sure. Is that all?" "I just wanted to hear your voice... Sorry." 

Dallon's smile gets even bigger.

"No, it's okay, honey. I love hearing your voice too."

Dallon can hear Brendon squeal a little and he swears his heart skips a beat.

"I have to get back to work right now, though... I'll call you when I'm done, okay?" "Yeah, please. Oh, one more question." "What is it, honey?" "Are you gonna be in time for dinner, tonight?" "I don't think so, but I'm going home as soon as I can." "Alright. I'm just gonna buy groceries for myself."
---
After ending the call, Brendon puts on his shoes and grabs his jacket, walking out of the door and just walking to the supermarket, which was just 10 minutes away.

It felt weird, being in this little town in Maine, on his own.

He walks into the supermarket and grabs a basket, just walking around, looking for any things he wanted. He grabs everything he needs and decides that he wants noodles with shrimp.

When he gets to the register, he decides that he deserves some candy and he grabs some chocolate.

"Good afternoon, sir. How are you?" The lady behind the register asks and she smiles at Brendon.

"I'm good, how about you?" "I'm alright, thanks. Are you on vacation here?" "Not really, no. My boyfriend has a summerhouse here." "Ahh, alright. Are you staying here for long?" "No, not really. We have to be back in NYC next week." "Alright. Well, have a nice stay here. Your total is gonna be $33.50."

Brendon pays in cash and the woman hands him his change.

"Thanks." "Have a nice day!" "You too."

Brendon walks out of the store, with his bag in his hand.

When he gets back home, he puts the groceries away and sits at the piano Dallon also had here.

He tries to remember the things Dallon had taught him and just looks a few things up on his phone, trying to play the piano.

Around 4 pm, his phone starts ringing and Brendon smiles as he picks up and hears Dallon's voice.

"Hi, baby. I'm on my way home now. I'll probably be there around 9 pm." "Alright. Do you want me to save you some dinner?" "Please, yeah." "Alright. Please drive safely, okay?" "Yeah, I will, baby. I'll see you, okay?" 

Brendon smiles softly.

"Yeah. I love you." "I love you too."