51.

"He... He told me that... That he doesn't want his wife and kid to know that I'm a... A fag," Dallon says, as soon as the front door closes behind him and he starts crying, as Brendon pulls him into a hug.

"Hey, honey... It's gonna be okay." "No, it's not. My brother hates me. We haven't talked in 2 years and now he hates me."

Brendon just frowns and holds Dallon close.

He'd never seen Dallon cry before, so he was slightly shocked.

"I'm so sorry, I'm overreacting." "No, honey. It's okay, really. I get why it makes you sad. You were really happy to talk to your brother again and now this happened. But it's gonna be okay, I promise. Maybe your brother doesn't accept you, but there will be so many other people in your life who will. They will all love and accept you for who you are, okay?"

Dallon nods and he steps back, wiping his tears away.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom," he says and Brendon nods.

"Alright, honey. Please don't think about your brother too much, okay?" "Yeah. Thank you so much for being there for me." "Of course, babe."

After that, Dallon walks into the bathroom and he just splashes some water in his face, looking in the mirror for a few seconds.

The last time he'd cried, was probably when he had lost their family dog when he was 17.

But when he first started his company, at the age of 18, he'd quickly learned that crying showed people that he was weak and he had decided to never cry again.

And he hadn't. He hadn't cried when he heard that his mother had died and he hadn't cried at his father's funeral. And now his brother had made him cry for the first time in so, so long.

And Dallon couldn't help but feel weak.

He takes a deep breath and walks out of the bathroom again, into the living room, where Brendon is sitting.

"Hey, honey. Do you wanna go out for dinner, tonight? I saw that there's this new Thai restaurant nearby and I really wanna try it." "Of course, love. I would love to go out for dinner. Hey, you do know that we have that archery event to attend, in two days, right?" "Yeah. I bought a suit and everything."

Dallon smiles.

"Okay, honey. That's good. We have to be in Austin, Texas at 10 pm. We're gonna take my private plane and I think it'll take about 3 and a half hours to get there. Which means we'll have to leave to go to the airport around 5 am, okay? Or, we could go the day before." "I can handle 5 am." 

Brendon smiles and Dallon nods.

"We'll leave at 5 am, then. I'm gonna work for a while now, okay. I'll be in my office if you need anything." "Alright. Good luck, baby. You're not just gonna worry about what your brother said, right?" "I'll try not to, love. Don't worry about me, okay?" "Alright... It's a little hard not to..."

Dallon walks up to Brendon and kisses him softly.

"I'm okay, Bee. I promise."

Brendon smiles when Dallon looks at him and Dallon smiles too.

"I love you, Dall." "I love you too, honey."

After that, Dallon walks into his office and just sits down at the desk, not in the mood to work.

He still has to, though and so he starts up his laptop and grabs some files.

He works for a while until Brendon comes walking into his office, wearing a nice button-up.

"Hey, we should go soon." "Yeah, we should. Let me just read this last contract and then we can go, okay?" "Yeah."

Brendon sits down in Dallon's lap, making it a little hard for Dallon to focus on the reading, but he manages to do it.

"Alright, I'm done, honey. We can go now." "Can I choose which car we're taking?" "Sure you can."

Dallon walks into the hall, to get his and Brendon's jacket.

"There you go, honey," Dallon says, as he helps Brendon into his jacket and he kisses his forehead.

"Let's go out for dinner, love."