71.

The next morning, when Dallon comes walking into the kitchen, to make himself some coffee, he's greeted by a dinner table full of food.

He raises his eyebrows and blinks a few times, but then Grace comes walking into the kitchen and Dallon remembers that Brendon's parents are visiting them.

He feels a little awkward, wearing just a shirt and sweatpants because he really just liked wearing a suit in front of people he didn't know too well.

"Good morning, Dallon, dear," Grace says and she smiles at him.

"Good morning, Grace," he just answers and he makes himself some coffee before he walks into the bedroom again, with the cup of coffee.

Brendon turns towards him and smiles.

"You forgot my parents were there, didn't you?" He asks, with a smirk on his face and Dallon nods.

"How'd you know?" "Well, you would've never gone out in your sweatpants and shirt if you'd known that my parents were still here."

Dallon smiles a little and takes a sip of his coffee.

"You know me so well."

Brendon grabs the cup of coffee and takes a sip too before he slowly sits up.

"I know, right? It's not really that hard to see, though. Like, at the beginning of us being together, you always wore suits in front of me and you were pretty formal, but then you slowly started to become more relaxed around me and more like yourself."

Brendon smiles because Dallon blushes a little.

"Well, in the beginning, I was scared that you would leave me, or something." "Aww, Dall... I never wanted to leave you, you're amazing."

Dallon smiles and shrugs a little.

"I didn't know that, at the time," he says and Brendon kisses him softly.

"I'm glad you wanted to stay, though because I would've been devastated if we wouldn't have lasted."

Brendon wants to answer, but before he can, there's a knock on the bedroom door.

Dallon jumps a little at the sound and Brendon can't help but laugh.

"Come in," he says and Grace opens the bedroom door.

"Hi, I just wanted to let you know that breakfast is ready," she says and Brendon raises his eyebrows.

"Alright, thanks, mom..." He answers and when Grace walks away again, he looks at Dallon.

"Did you see what she made?" "Yeah. It's a lot. She made like, pancakes and french toast and there was a lot of fruit."

Brendon chuckles a little and shakes his head.

"She always does that when she sees me again for the first time in a long time. I just don't know where she got all the food, though..." "She's really sweet and genuinely one of the kindest people I've ever met." "She really is. I love her a lot. While we were in the kitchen, last night, she told me that she thought you were perfect for me. And that made me really happy because I think you're perfect for me too."

Dallon blushes a little and he gets up from the bed, walking over to the closet.

"I think we're perfect for each other," he says before he goes into the closet to grab some clothes.

He gets some clothes and sits down on the bed again, as he puts his button-up on and buttons it up.

When he's dressed, he grabs his coffee again and just drinks it quickly.

"I'm gonna go get breakfast, are you coming?" He asks Brendon, who's still sitting in bed.

"Yeah, I'm coming. Let me just get dressed. You can go already, if you want."

Dallon nods and walks out of the bedroom, going into the kitchen again.

Grace and Boyd are sitting at the table already and Dallon sits down on one of the spots.

"Good morning, Dallon," Boyd says.

"Good morning to you too," Dallon answers and he smiles a little.

"Is Brendon on his way?" "Yeah, he is. He just needed to get changed."

Boyd nods and puts the paper he was reading away.

"Right. That gives me the change to talk to you for a second," he says and Dallon feels himself get a little nervous. He doesn't show it though because he'd learned to not show any emotions during confrontations of any kind. It didn't mind what kind.

"What is it?" He asks and Boyd leans back a little.

"I know your kind. The cold, calculated business type. Don't you dare treat my son as just another one of your possessions because he's not. You hurt him, I make sure you and your company go down in flames," Boyd says in a calm manner and it scares Dallon a little.

"Boyd!" Grace says, but Dallon doesn't react to it in any way.

"I do not think that Brendon is just a possession and I would never treat him like one. I love him," he says and Boyd nods.

"Glad we got that clear. Now, where's that boy? I want breakfast."

Dallon leans back too, relaxing a little.

"He's just getting dressed," he says and he gets up, to make himself some more coffee.

Brendon soon comes walking into the kitchen and he says good morning to his parents before he sits down.

Dallon sits down next to him and smiles at him.

"Well, let's start breakfast!" grace says and everyone immediately grabs some pancakes.

"I hope you like it."