45.

The next day, Dallon just works a lot and Brendon's bored again.

He just watches a few movies and then goes to annoy Dallon.

"Hey there, daddy," he says as he walks into the office and he pushes Dallon back, sitting down in his lap.

"Hey, babe." "What are you doing?" "I'm working." "But what about me?" "What about you, honey?" "I need attention."

Dallon smiles and just kisses Brendon's shoulder before continues working on the spreadsheet he was working on.

"You'll get attention as soon as I'm done with this." "I want attention now."

Brendon says it in such a matter-of-fact way that Dallon can't help but chuckle.

"I'm sorry, but I really need to do this." "You can do this later..."

Brendon tries to close Dallon's laptop, but Dallon slaps his hand.

"Don't do that, please." "We went here to just spend some time together and yesterday you went to the office and today you're still working. It's not fair."

Brendon gets up from Dallon's lap and just walks out of the room, making Dallon sigh.

"Babe, come back, please?" "No. Honestly, this makes me really sad because all I wanted to do was go on a walk around the lake, maybe go swimming together, or maybe even bake cookies, but you're just too goddamn busy."

Brendon closes the office door and walks into the kitchen, feeling annoyed and kinda sad.

Dallon walks after him, but Brendon just turns his back to him.

"Baby, please..." "Dallon, you've got to understand that this isn't nice, for me. Because we're leaving again, tomorrow morning and then your brother is gonna be there and you're going back to work and I'm gonna be alone again..."

Dallon frowns a little because Brendon seems pretty sad and he never wanted to do that.

"Can I please explain?" "Go ahead." "I needed to go into the office yesterday because some people committed fraud and I could be sent to jail for that because it's my company so basically it's my fault. And I don't feel like going to jail. Right now, I need to finish this because I need to send this in tomorrow."

Brendon just looks at Dallon, not saying anything and Dallon just pulls him closer.

"I'm sorry, honey... I'm really sorry." "It's fine, really. But you've got to understand that it kinda hurts me..." "Yeah, I get that, baby. I'll just finish this as soon as I can and then you'll have all my attention. I promise we can do everything you want to do, okay?" "Yeah, alright." "Thanks, baby. I love you."

Dallon kisses Brendon and then he walks back into his office.

Brendon just sits down on the couch and tries not to feel too sad because he knew Dallon couldn't help it.

He just waits until Dallon comes out of his office again and sits down next to him, kissing the top of his head.

"I'm all yours now, baby." "I just wanna cuddle." "Of course, honey."

Brendon rests his head on Dallon's shoulder and closes his eyes.

"I'm sorry I got angry," he says.

"It's okay. You had the right to be angry." "But still... You needed to finish that and I got angry at you." "Hey, it's okay, really. I don't blame you for getting angry."

Brendon looks up at Dallon and kisses him softly.

"I love you." "I love you too, honey. In fact, I love you a lot."

Brendon smiles a little and Dallon smiles back. They just share a moment before Dallon kisses the tip of Brendon's nose and Brendon giggles softly.

"Let's go for a walk," he says and Dallon nods.

They get up and walk into the hall, putting on their jackets and walking outside.

Dallon locks the door behind them and grabs Brendon's hand, as they start walking towards the lake.

They just walk in silence for a while, not needing to say anything because they understand each other, even without saying anything.

After a while, Dallon turns to Brendon.

"You know, telling you about what happened to my parents was really hard for me. But right now, I'm really glad that I told you, though." "I'm happy you told me, though. Thank you for doing that..." "It's weird, talking about my feelings because I usually never do that. But with you, it's not as scary as it normally is.

Brendon smiles a little and squeezes Dallon's hand.

"I'm glad it isn't as scary." "Not that I really have anyone else to talk to..." "You've got me now and my friends like you, so over time, they'll become your friends too."

Dallon smiles a little and they continue walking.

"I don't know how I ever got so lucky to get with you," Dallon says and Brendon blushes.

"I ask myself that all the time, to be honest. How did I get to be with someone as amazing as you, even after neglecting my family and being mean to people..." He continues and Brendon looks at him again.

"Well, I think there's a special someone for everyone, whether you deserve it or not. There's always someone who's gonna be perfect for you, despite the things you've done. Because no human deserves to live without love."

I don't know what that ending was, but who really cares?