74.

After coffee, Boyd and Grace decide that they want to go shopping.

As soon as they leave, Brendon sits down in Dallon's lap and buries his face in the crook of Dallon's neck.

"What's up, honey?" Dallon asks as he wraps his arms around Brendon's waist.

"Just wanna cuddle," Brendon replies and Dallon kisses his temple.

"My mom is just confusing me so much because on one hand she keeps telling me how great you are and how happy she is for me and then the next moment she's like, maybe you moved in too soon, or are you sure you love him and it's not just that you like the money. And it just makes me tired..."

Dallon stays quiet for a few seconds.

"Well, do you?" "Do I what?" "Do you love me? Is it not just money?" Dallon asks and Brendon looks up at him.

"Of course I love you, Dall. Why the fuck would you even ask that?" Brendon answers, sounding annoyed and Dallon just looks at him.

"I didn't mean it like that, Brendon. I just wanted to say that, if you know that you love me, you shouldn't listen to your mom. But I'm sorry for annoying you," he snaps and he pushes Brendon off of his lap, getting up and walking into the kitchen.

"Do you want a drink?" He asks as Brendon walks after him and Brendon just nods.

"Yes, please..." Brendon answers and Dallon turns around.

He just looks at his boyfriend for a few seconds, the tension between them way too high, for some reason.

"Come here..." Dallon mumbles, holding out his arms and he pulls Brendon into a hug.

"I didn't mean to snap at you," he mumbles and Brendon looks up at him, with a soft smile.

"I didn't mean to sound annoyed either. I just really love you a lot and I thought that I showed you, but apparently I don't." "Hey, that's not true, honey... I didn't mean it like that. I know you love me. And you know that I love you too, right?"

Brendon nods and Dallon kisses him softly.

"I never meant to make it seem like I doubted the fact that you love me," Dallon says and Brendon smiles even more.

"It's fine. And you were right, anyway. Like, I know I love you with whole my heart, so I really shouldn't listen to my mom. And even now, I can listen to her, but I just know that she isn't right. Because I've never loved anyone as much as I love you and I don't think I ever will," Brendon says and Dallon just smiles at him.

"I love you too. And I know I say this a lot, but I'm glad we met. And I'm glad you wanted to go out with me and I'm glad that we're here together, now," he says before he kisses Brendon softly.

"We are so sappy..." Brendon mumbles, when he pulls back and Dallon smiles and nods.

"Yeah, we are. But I like it," he says and Brendon giggles.

"Me too. Now, I'd like something to drink!" He says and Dallon grabs two glasses.

"What do you want to drink, honey?" He asks and Brendon thinks for a few seconds before answering. "I'd like a sprite, please."

Dallon walks over to the fridge, opening the door and grabbing the bottle of sprite.

He just pours two glasses and hands Brendon one before leaning against the kitchen counter.

"Your mom doesn't mean it in a bad way, anyway. She just really loves you and she wants what's best for you, you know?" He says and Brendon nods.

"Yeah, I know. But she just got way too protective. I can take care of myself and I can make rational decisions myself, so why doesn't she just trust me with that?"

Dallon takes a sip of his drink and thinks for a few seconds.

"Well... Uhm... I think that she's just afraid that you'll get hurt. I mean, your dad even told me that he'd make sure that I go down in flames if I ever dare to hurt you. Because he said that he 'knew my type. The cold and calculated type."

Brendon gives Dallon a horrified look before he lets out a scoff.

"He said that?" He asks and Dallon shrugs.

"Yeah, he did. But it doesn't matter. I'm not gonna take it personally because your parents just really, really care about you and it's quite endearing to see. My parents would've done the same and I know that they'd do it just because they care about me. So don't get angry at your parents, okay?"

Brendon nods and takes a deep breath, trying not to get too annoyed at his parents because Dallon was right, they really did mean well, but maybe they just didn't really show it in the best way.

"I'm still gonna talk to them about it because it does annoy me." "Yeah, I get that. But just keep in mind that they really love you and they want what's best for you."

Brendon drinks his sprite and just looks at the kitchen counter, following some of the lines of the marble with his fingers.

"I'll have a calm conversation with them about how it's not okay to threaten my boyfriend just because they care." "And actually stay calm, okay?" Dallon presses and Brendon smiles a little.

"I will, Dall. Don't worry," he says and Dallon relaxes a little.

"Alright. I'll try not to. I just don't want a whole fight between you and your parents." "That won't happen, I promise."