☼ Who Are You? ☼

PART 1

✽      ✽      ✽      ✽      ✽

[Wednesday]

You've been in orientation all morning so you were anxious to now immerse yourself into the school.

You quickly found a table in the cafeteria and once seated you couldn't help but browse the room.

You begin thinking of finding your soulmate here at Neo Culture Academy. Your old friends would always tease you about being a hopeless romantic but it's something you can't control, even if it led to your own self destruction (which it has in the past). While looking around the cafeteria you try to pep talk yourself into remembering what you came here for. Your amazing creative talent only.

However, your glance landed towards the entrance for no particular reason. And at that entrance a tall figure suddenly appeared.

The boy wandered from the food line and grabbed a seat beside his friends at a table close to yours. He was busy laughing as he sat down his fedora, running his fingers through his hair in slow motion.

You were entrapped in every movement. It's as if he was on a movie set and you were in the scene as a cameo. You just couldn't take your eyes off of him.

You watched as he reached for his coke bottle and took a sip. He began to caress the tip of the bottle with his lips but suddenly paused. He coincidentally glanced over to the floor by your feet as if he was in thought but slowly, his eyes rose and met yours.

With whiplash, you looked away abruptly.

You wish you had the ability to play off your awkwardness but it's not possible. You stare at your cafeteria plate refusing to look up again. However, a few minutes later you look back to the boy who was cheerfully conversing with his friends.

The boy appeared to be in his last year of school. He's tall and has long hair slightly brushing past his neckline. He has the aura of a stand up comedian. You wonder if he's funny. Watching the way he and his friends laughed endlessly, you tried to ear in on his jokes. At one point he was laughing so hard that he spilled coke on his shirt so started to excuse himself from the table. As he lifted up from the cramped bench, his friends teased him ruthlessly.

***

A group of two young girls approached the end of your table and politely greeted you with a smile which you returned back.
They pulled out lunches from their backpacks and begin conversing about a popular boy band which you were not familiar with. They were discussing it so happily that you almost wonder how amazing this Mark is–the boy that they squealed over adorably.

After finishing your tacos you double checked your own backpack to ensure that you had enough writing utensils for the next class. The teacher made it visibly clear in the syllabus that when writing, only #2 led pencils were allowed.
Even though it is a late start in the day you were excited.

"Hey! I'm Johnny!"

—A tall figure glided into the seat directly across from you as you were preparing to leave.