☼Friend Request [reader x johnny] ☼

[Monday]

As you neared room 127, you studied the fine art menu plastered on the outside door:

Today's project:
Strawberry shortcake

After hours (mon-thurs)
Chocolate soufflés

This should be pretty easy, you thought. You wanted to ask Johnny about after hours. Soufflés were something you never tried before.

You walked in and noticed him chatting with a few classmates. You could see Johnny excuse himself to come greet you.

"Hi!" he said cheerfully.

"Hi Johnny, how are you?" You tried to fight back the visual joy of seeing him again.

"¡Muy bien!" He replied while taking his seat next to you. "So [y/n], how was your weekend?"

"Pretty good." You replied, remembering vividly how you spent it. The person you daydreamed about endlessly was right in front of you. You felt yourself becoming red in embarrassment.

"I was excited for classes to start again." You admitted, almost stumbling on your words.

"Oh really?" He blurted out. "That's a good sign."

"So how does Thursday sound?" Johnny voiced over the loud hand mixer. "For after hours?"

The whipped cream for the finished cakes looked to be complete. Johnny used a spoon to scoop and taste a bit from his finger.

Although you're still adjusting to your class schedule, you find the pattern easy to remember.

"Thursday sounds good." You agree.

As the bell sounded, students began packing their cakes to take home. Johnny folded his apron nicely in the corner of the table.

"Let's exchange Lines." He said, reaching for the phone in his back pocket and opening a brightly colored icon on his screen.

"Lines?" you question.

He realized you had no idea what it was. "It's a communication app."

You searched for your phone and after finding it deep within your bag, complain to yourself about not being organized. There was really great service in school because the app downloaded speedy fast. While Johnny instructed you on how to create an account, your eyes were wide and curious.

After entering a few details and setting a password, Johnny inched forward to watch your movements. He then leaned into you, placing his hand under yours. You were both now holding the phone together.

"This is how you message and call others," he instructed, tapping various buttons and showing you the many features of the app. It was really interesting and you couldn't help but gush at the different emoticons.

He smiled at you while being only inches from your face. The two of you looked into each others eyes before being distracted by the last bell.

***

On the way to the trolley, Johnny asked if you received his friend request.

"Yup. I got it."

"Great," he said, treading backwards as the trolley approached. "See you tomorrow in class."

"See you tomorrow." You waved.

After stepping onto the trolley, you realize that Johnny traveled completely out of his way to walk you to your stop before heading to student council.

What a gentleman,
You think to yourself.