☼ Missing pieces [reader x ten] ☼

[Friday]

After your last class, you found Ten in the hallway and he was very excited to see you.

"[y/n]! I was hoping to run into you," He cheered. "Let's shuttle together."

"Sure!" you replied, allowing the affectionate boy to lock arms with you.

While you walked to the bus stop together, Ten asked about your first week at Neo Culture Academy.

"It's only been three days but I'm adjusting pretty well."

"Met anyone cool-you know, besides me." He said confidently.

"I met a girl named Sandra from my Creative Arts Block. She was very welcoming during my first class yesterday. Oh! and she lives close to me too."

"Ahh Sandra..."

You face Ten with your arms still joined. "Do you know her?"

"Yeah, she was a friend of Mark's."

"...Who's Mark?"

"Mark's my friend. So how do you like your block?" He asked, changing the subject.

"Uh...It's pretty good! The students there motivate me a lot."

You were still curious about Sandra and this Mark, but you shrugged it off.

***

A fresh wind blowed through the campus as joyful students approached the shuttle stop.

"I'm so happy it's Friday!" Ten cried. You can agree on the sentiment but almost find comfort in the school, anxious to return again on Monday.

"You're in elective with Johnny right?" Ten asked with a rhetorical expression on his face giving away that he knew the answer already.

In fact, you blatantly remember him walking you to class on your first day where you were shocked to find Johnny Seo. Even though you only met Johnny recently, it's as if he's a superstar. He makes you instantly nervous and it doesn't help that the spontaneous first meeting was irregular and memorable.

"Yeah, he's my cooking partner."

Ten nodded his head but the shuttle interrupted whatever he was beginning to say.

You both found a seat next to each other in the middle of the shuttle as other students filled the back almost immediately; discussing posts on their phone with one another and spoiling details about their particular performances for the upcoming bonfire.

"I wanted us to discuss our project..." Ten expressed, sitting in the aisle seat next to yours.

"Professor Shim wants us to finalize our groups since we have more students coming in."

"Okay, we're working together." You tell him, seeing that he wants to finalize being your partner.

"Great!" Ten smiled, clenching his shoulders upward in happiness.

***

The bus makes its first stop and two performing arts girls head off together, waving goodbye to each other as they walked in separate directions.

"What if you never catch the title to a great movie." Ten said randomly.
After observing the confusion on your face, he tried to explain what was on his mind.

"Well, there's some things that I can't talk to my best friend about...you see Johnny's not a girl."

You covered your mouth almost instantly to avoid laughing out-loud.

Ten chuckled at your gesture. "What I mean is, he doesn't care in the same way... a girl does."

"Ohh," you blurted out. "I understand...what's on your mind?"

Ten looked out the window beside you. "Well, I met a guy who just moved from London. He wants to transfer to our school...I'm happy but-"

An ambulance roared through the street which caused the shuttle to jerk in an abrupt stop to let it pass. It stopped a few seconds later to let off a few more students. You refocused your attention to Ten.

"But...?"

"But...I've been hurt before and I'm afraid of opening up to anyone again."

He become sentimental while speaking about this mystery boy.

His personality appears confident and happy, but you realize that he has a deeper soft side filled with fear.

You're almost inclined to hug him. Even though he isn't hurt now you couldn't think of him being sad.

"But love.." he exclaimed with a persistent attitude, completely different from a few seconds ago. "Is like a puzzle."

"A puzzle can be difficult and not every piece works. But each piece belongs to another. The last piece is the most important, with it you find completion... happiness..."

Almost inaudibly he says, "The one.. "

Conclusions begin filling your mind.

Ten definitely has a crush and will go after that person despite his fear of being heartbroken...

The bus made another stop and a few more students rushed off. The afternoon air outside blew through a small opening in the window beside you. The bus was now left half empty with only you, Ten, and a young boy sitting quietly in the back with faint music sounding from his headphones.

As the trolley continued you examined Ten's casual face expression as he sat motionless. While fiddling with your backpack strap, you eagerly asked him,

"Have you...found the one?"