☼ That one piece [reader x ten] ☼

Ten quickly turned to look out of the window on the opposite side of the bus, trying to hide his embarrassed smile.
"I...I don't know," He stuttered.

"My stop is coming soon." He realized after being distracted by the surroundings outside.

"Where does this let me off?" You questioned, looking out at the passing neighborhood. You remember being driven this way a few months ago to fill out enrollment papers for school, so it's somewhat familiar.

"Right by your house. It's actually just two stops after mine I believe." Ten reached for his phone to double check the directions before confirming. While doing so, you both exchange numbers and plan to meet next week to work on the project.

***

"So..." Ten stated, fixing the collar of his black jean jacket. "Johnny. Do you...like him?"

What Ten was beginning to say earlier resurfaced.

"What?!" You replied, shocked by the absurd, but somewhat true statement. "Where is this coming from?"

Your arm was crossed across your bookbag when Ten reached for your wrist, lightly clamping it in desperation.

"If Johnny comes onto you, give him a chance?"

Comes on to me?

Your mind flashed back to Johnny's odd displays of affection like when he winked at you in the cafeteria or when he forced his body close to yours during class, but you quickly disregard it as any concrete evidence that he's interested in you. Plus, during the past day in class, Johnny had not done anything out of the ordinary.

"I-I don't think Johnny likes me in that way."

You feel Ten's hands trail slowly away from yours and back to his phone.

"What's this about Johnny all of a sudden?" You managed to ask, despite being overwhelmingly flustered.

Ten's expression became loaded in concern. "I'm just worried about him...Johnny is a pleaser. He wants to make everyone happy before himself. He stays busy so that he doesn't have to think about anything else."

He then jumped with an idea.
"I think he needs a girlfriend!"

Your eyes widened. "You think I-"

Ten waved his hands in defense, already predicting your response.

"No no, just a good friend!"

Your eyebrows rise. "Girlfriend or friend?"

Ten chuckled slyly. "A friend first." He affirmed, but his true plans were already expressed.

Although you adore the convenience of being shipped with a handsome acquaintance, the last thing you want is to be selfishly forced into a one-sided relationship. What would Johnny think of all of this?

"Why me?" You asked him curiously.

Ten reached above you to ring the bell for the next stop, cautiously leaning close into your ear as if he was unloading a protected secret from his mouth.

"Johnny's also missing that one piece..."

The shuttle stopped and at that moment, Ten sprang from his seat.

"Bye bye!" He sang before prancing
to the front of the bus and jumping off.