☼ Pabo [ten x hendery] ☼

The festival was ongoing when Mark and Lucas decided to call it a night. Hendery, YangYang and their group of friends were roasting s'mores when Johnny pulled him aside to let him know that Ten had found out the truth.

Hendery admitted that he should have talked to him a long time ago and decided to go look for him. He had an idea of one place he might be.

After running through the dark streets he finally found the lone boy sitting inside the gazebo where they shared their first kiss, drowning out the world around him.

He could hear the faint lyrics of a ballad playing through Ten's headphones:

𝘚𝘵𝘦𝘱 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳, 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

With eyes closed, Ten could feel the boy sit far beside him. He removed the earbud from his left ear and it slowly fell to his shoulder. "Is this why you've been avoiding me all night?"

Ten opened his eyes and turned to face the boy.   "Why didn't you just tell me the truth?" He didn't wait for answers, "Do you think I would still like you after finding out who you were?"

Hendery fought back the urge to embrace the boy before he broke his heart but Ten's unsmiling face made him feel even more stupid. As his head fell to his chest, his long bangs covered his eyes. The many years of longing for his first love seemed to be all in vain.

"Well..." Ten's shaking voice said quietly, "I still do. I care about you too much."

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦

Hendery was so overwhelmed that he burst into tears. He slid closer to Ten and grabbed his hands with trembling lips, "You just don't know how much–" he was trying to catch his breath, "how much I.."

Ten wiped Hendery's face,
"–love you...no matter who you are."

𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦

"I love you too," Hendery mumbled.

Ten pulled him close and kissed him gently on the forehead.

"Pabo ya," he whispered, "you're such an idiot..."