☼ Bonfire Festival~Yestoday ☼

Sandra's brother asked if she could bring his lyric book to school since he left it somewhere at home. After searching all over for the book, she found it in the refrigerator of all places.

"I'm convinced he was born without a brain," she said. 

"Does that mean you were too?" You teased since he and Sandra were twins. 

"Just for that we're walking to campus."

You shrugged, it was still pretty early and nice out so you didn't mind.

___

You were only down the road but could see the brightly lit courtyard already. The setup was absolutely stunning. The neon lights laced above each individual firepit complemented the clear skies tonight.

Mr. Shim Changmin and Master Kun were the only two faculty members on site at the moment. Master Kun was assisting the music techs behind the stage and Mr.Shim Changmin was reviewing the program booklet with students from WayHigh.

"Let's find some seats not too close to the stage," Sandra said before disappearing into the building to search for her brother. Her request was pretty specific so you began walking back toward the entrance when you suddenly felt a hand brush upon your back. You leaped around and saw Johnny.

"Hey, my love," he greeted just before laughing at himself.

"You're here early. I didn't know you were performing."

You weren't performing but was pretty amped up for your first school festival.

"Me and Sandra came early, her brother left something at home."

Johnny nodded consciously, "I was wondering...did uh, she see Mark yet?"

"Hmm, I don't think so..." Since he was on the topic you figured that you could get some answers out of him."What happened between them anyway?"

Johnny signaled for you to walk and talk so you followed beside him.

"They didn't end on great terms when Mark left and she never spoke to us much after that...which is a shame since we were all friends."

You tried to be understanding, "Maybe you guys reminded her of Mark too much."

Johnny agreed, "I don't doubt it."

You found a seat in the back and Johnny sat down next to you. The two of you conversed for a while and watched as cheerful students began to flood in. It was now 5:30 pm.

"Oh look," Johnny said pointing to a fire pit close to the stage, "That's my brother, the kid in the white blouse."

You noticed Ten's unnecessarily handsome boyfriend but you couldn't remember his name. What a coincidence that Johnny was pointing to him.
"That's your brother?" you stammered.

Johnny crossed his hands, "Yup, isn't he adorable."

Why didn't Ten tell you this when talking about the transfer student he admired? Could it be that they were both hiding their relationship from Johnny?

While pondering the unknown answers, a student from inside the building called Johnny's name.

"I almost forgot I had work to do," he said while brushing the back of his jeans. "I'll see you in a bit, okay?"

***

"Welcome To Neo Culture's 3rd annual bonfire festival!"

The festival began with the host's captivating voice, introducing the very first act of the evening.

WayHigh dancers approached the stage, the same boys that arrived with Hendery earlier.

"Hey everybody my name is YangYang, and this is my dance team. We're going to be dancing to After Midnight."

The upbeat song was the perfect party starter. The audience cheered on the dance team and there were a lot of supporters already from their school.  From where you and Sandra sat, you could see Hendery dancing excitedly to the music.

After a full night of incredible, talented acts the last performance was obviously the well-awaited one. The crowd roared as Sandra's brother and Mark walked onto stage with guitars in their hands.

After taking their seats Sandra's brother spoke into the mic. "I'm Lucas, and you already know," he made his voice deeper, "The Mark Lee."

Everyone began screaming louder and quieted again once Mark approached the microphone. "Hey so, I wanted to do something a little different today."

Like a hawk you watched both Sandra from the corner of your eye and Mark onstage intently.

"I started writing a song two years ago," Mark continued, "but I wouldn't have been able to finish it without the help of this amazing dude to my right."

Lucas propped the guitar onto his legs and gave Mark a dismissive wave.

"Anyways, I hope that the person I wrote this for can finally.... understand my heart."

The audience began making cooing sounds and Sandra looked at her feet embarrassingly. It was painfully clear that she and Mark had unresolved feelings.

"This song is called, Yestoday," introduced Lucas while Mark began with a guitar intro. They began singing in acoustic harmony:

𝘽𝙧𝙤𝙠𝙚𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩, 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙝 𝙞𝙩 𝙝𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙨
𝙖 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙙𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩
𝙐𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨, 𝒊'𝒍𝒍 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩,
𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙮𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙙𝙖𝙮...

Mark rapped deeply along with his guitar:

𝙄 𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙚 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙡𝙮
𝘽𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 156 𝙗𝙪𝙨
𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙄 𝙡𝙚𝙛𝙩 𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙩 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠
𝙄 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙪𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙖𝙥 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙣𝙚𝙬 156 𝙗𝙪𝙨
𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙩𝙤𝙙𝙖𝙮
𝙎𝙤 𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙄'𝙢 𝙖𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙬

Lucas came in with his sentimental rap:

𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙤? 𝘿𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙘𝙧𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙩 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨?
M: (𝘼𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙢𝙚)
𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙬𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜...𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝙉𝙤𝙬 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢 '𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

M+L: 𝘾𝙖𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩?

Just then, Sandra rose from her seat with tear filled eyes and left the festival before Mark could finish his last line:

𝙎𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮...