Chapter 7

Yumi walked to home alone. Everytime she passed by Han River, she would stop there for a moment to play mobile game. That's her routine

It is because, when she arrived home, she would not be able to use her phone without her parents permission. She didn't want her parents know that she used to play mobile game. It's humiliating, for her.

She just showed her parents her nice side like study hard, polite and matured. But, inside her deep heart, she wanna be a talkative and friendly person.

She just didn't know why should she hide it from everyone.

Yumi sat on the ground and played the mobile game called "Cooking Madness".

Enjoying the game, without knowing why, a drop of water fell on the phone screen.

I'm crying?

Suddenly, someone patted her shoulder.

"It's raining, " the guy said.

"oh?" Yumi looked upwards.

She saw a masked guy holding an umbrella right above her head. She stood up immediately.

Kino stepped away as he saw that girl was Yumi. His eyes wide opened. He smiled behind his mask.

"thank you so much, ahjussi.. Sorry, " said Yumi while bowing.

"Kang Yumi-ssi, " he called her name. "come on, it's cold here, "

Kino grabbed Yumi's hand and brought her to a gazebo. Yumi puzzled.

Where the hell this guy know her name?

At the gazebo..

"thank you for bringing me here, but... " Yumi stopped speaking right after Kino pulled down his mask.

Yumi froze as she saw his face. Then she smiled.

"oho.. The wallet guy, " she said. "I can't believe we meet again, "

"hi.." Kino said.

She really doesn't know who am I. Should I tell her? Or not..

He asked himself.

They both kept silent. For the first time, Yumi could talk easily with a stranger.

"so.. Why are you there alone? " Kino started the conversation.

"urm..well, I'm just looking at my phone.. rain.. Then you come, "

"ouh.. By the way, did you ever seen me anywhere.. " Kino asked awkwardly.

"urm.. I don't think so, "

"okay.. So, do you like kpop? "

"kpop? Of course not.. " she shook her hands.

"really? No wonder you look like a foreigner,"

"yeah.. My mom Irish and my dad korean, and we just moved here from UK this year," she spoke with her deep voice. Not really interested to tell her story.

"wow, you're good at korean, " Kino showed thumbs up.

"I speak Korean with my parents, " she threw her sight to her surroundings. "wow, downpour. I don't think it's gonna end soon, " she took out her books and pencil case.

"are you going to do your homework here? " Kino asked.

"yes, I'm gonna waste my time here, " she answered without looking at him.

"how old are you? " Kino asked, trying to break the silence.

"9th grade, you? "

"born at 1998," Kino smiled to her. He's older.

"so what are you doing now?"

"I'm working.. Yeah, work.. " Kino replied.

Okay, she's going to ask about my job. I need to tell her now. I'm an Idol.. I'm an Idol. It's okay if I tell her because she don't even know kpop.

He talked in his head.

"ouh.. " Yumi continued doing her homework.

Heol.. she's not interested to hear my story.

Silence again.

"oh! Really? " Kino suddenly spoke.

"hm? " Yumi a bit shocked.

"my headache gone, " Kino held his head.
"gomawoyeo(thanks)," he shook Yumi's hand.

"what? Why? " Yumi puzzled. She pulled her hand away.

"I stressed about my work.. I think being here faded my stress away," Kino confessed.

Honestly. Really.

"really? Wow, " Yumi continued the homework.

It's so frustrating that her reaction not as he expected. He pulled up his mask and watching the downpour.

The rain slowly stop dropping.

***

Hyeri walked hurriedly from school after the rain stop. She frowned thousands. On her way, she saw a familiar face sitting at a gazebo.

"Kang Yumi," she ran towards her.

"Hyeri," Yumi waved to her. She was cleaned up her stationary at the gazebo.

Hyeri approached and sat beside her. She crossed her hand and frowned.

"why? " Yumi asked.

"I'm from school, "

"At this hour? "

"I've to clean the toilet because I was late to school this morning," Hyeri yelled.

"So? "

"Aish..so.. After I've done cleaning, it's raining..you know, RAINING, I need to stay there for one hour more, okay, "

Yumi chuckled.

"what? Argh, this stone, " Hyeri sulky.

Yumi stood up after a moment followed by Hyeri. They walked together to home.

"yahh.. Were you there alone just now? " Hyeri asked.

"nope, with someone, "

"who is it? "

"no one, just a guy, "

"really? Did you... " Hyeri stopped talking as her phone rang.

"hello, Hyejin-ahh.. What... I'm with Yumi now... Right now?... Where?... Who're with you?... Ah, okay... See you there... Bye, " she hung up the call.

Yumi stole a glance. She didn't even asking Hyeri what happened or why or any other questions. She acted cool but she really wanted to know.

"Yumi, I'm sorry.. I need to go to the library. I've to done my History presentation project before next week with my team, " Hyeri explained.

"Your team doesn't finish it yet? " Yumi was a bit surprise.

"hehe..you know..well..we're just.. "

"I'll go with you, "

"yes? Oh, okay..but why? "

"I need to borrow some books, "

"okay,"

***