Chapter 17

After the school ended, Minho waited for Yumi at the school gate. A little moment later Yumi came.

"Let's go, " Yumi said. They walked together to the bubble tea shop.

They walked pass by the bridge where Kino and Yumi always meet. Yumi looked at place with dull eyes. She saw that the river became filthy again.

"Are you okay? " Minho asked her as he saw Yumi's expression changed.

"Urm.. Yeah, " she replied.

While she's staring at the bridge, something caught her eyes. She stopped walking as she saw a guy with mask wandering there. Minho startled as Yumi stopped her walk suddenly.

"What's wrong? " he asked.

"No.. Nothing," Yumi swallowed then continued walking.

It's not Hyunggu. I must be thinking a lot about him.

At the bubble tea shop.

Minho brought two glasses of mocha bubble tea to Yumi who's sitting at a table beside the window. It's a nice spot to study while drinking the cold bubble tea.

"Here. I wish you like mocha, " Minho handed the tea to Yumi.

"Of course I am, "

Minho opened his book and studied the subject for two hours.

"Huarghh.. We're done, " Minho yawned while stretching his hands.

"I can't believe I studied for two hours straight, " Yumi chuckled while tidy up her books and stationary.

Minho's lips curled up. He cleared his throat.

"Urm, Yumi.. Can I ask you something? " he said, politely so that Yumi would not become gloomy again.

"What? No more study.. Please.. " Yumi whined while laid her head on the table.

Cute.

Minho smiled, "No, no.. It's not about study,"

"So what is it? " Yumi got up.

"Do..you.. Urm..sorry.. Urm.." he muttered hesitantly.

"What? "

"Do you..like me? " Minho said quickly while closing his eyes tight.

"Me..what? " Yumi shocked.

"Because I like you, " he said faster again, not opening his eyes.

There's a wide smile across Yumi's lips that making dimples at her light pink cheeks appeared.

Minho slowly opened his eyes.

"You.. " he swallowed then continued talking, "I don't force you to like me.. It's just a confession, " his face was heating up.

"What a coward confession, " Yumi kept smiling. She pinched Minho's cheek.

"Auch, " he held his cheek.

"I'm sorry, but I can't like you back, " Yumi's smile slowly faded.

Minho sighed deeply, "It's okay. As long as we're friends. Here, promise me to always be my best friend and keep healthy and never hang out with bad guy, okay, " Minho held his pinky finger and linked it with Yumi's.

Yumi smiled again.

"Thanks for bringing back your smile, " Minho said.

"You're welcome, " they shook their hands together then pulled out their fingers.

"Let's go. I'm freaking tired, " Yumi took her bag.

"I'll send you home, "

"No, no, no.. I can go alone "

"But, this is how a friend supposed to be, " Minho pouted, acting cute.

"Aish.. Fine. Stop doing that, " Yumi punched his chest.

"Yayy!" Minho childishly cheered.

They walked home together.

***

Kino came under the bridge, waiting for Yumi. He's wandering there for about 30 minutes but Yumi's still not coming.

He put both of his hands together and muttered.

Kang Yumi, I'm so sorry for not visiting you for so long. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

While wandering, he suddenly stepped on something that blocking his foot.

"Aish, stupid stone, " he almost kicked the stone away but something caught his eyes.

It's not a stone. It's a black wallet. And it is Yumi's wallet.

Kino quickly took the wallet and without thinking about anything, he opened the wallet. As expected, Yumi left him a letter.

He opened the letter and read it.

Annyeong, Hyunggu-oppa. If you got this letter, I'm sure that you're missing me, right? But it has been a week since we've met. Where are you going, oppa? I was waiting for you everyday. I left this letter here because I can't come here anymore. This place make me miss you more and more. One day, I'll visit this place again and I hope you'll be here too. Thanks for that first kiss. Saranghae.

From : Kang Yumi

As soon as he read the letter, his tears came out nonstop. He squatted and sobbed alone.

"Kang Yumi, mianhae, "

***

"Minho, can you wait here for a moment? " Yumi suddenly stopped her steps.

"Oh, okay, but where are you.. " Minho didn't finish it as Yumi rushed to somewhere.

He snorted. "Right. She's going there, " he looked at Yumi who's heading to the bridge.

Yumi came to that place and she trembled. Both her legs were shaking as she arrived there. She began to cry and took the wallet that she left last week.

Her wallet left open. Money in the wallet were not being touched but the letter was gone.

"Hyunggu, " she gasped, holding her tears.

"What's wrong? " Minho's voice was heard from behind.

Yumi turned to Minho with watery eyes. She slowly smiled brightly until Minho could see her white shining teeth. She ran to Minho and hugged him tightly.

"Why? " Minho puzzled. Was she sad or happy? She's smiling, but what's with that tears?

"He was here. He was here, " Yumi muttered while hugging Minho.

"Who's here?"

Yumi slowly let off the hug and stepped back. She wept her tears with her palm, still smiling.

"Hyunggu. He was here, " Yumi said happily.

Minho chuckled and hugged her again, "Congrats, " he patted Yumi's head.

Not lying, Minho was extremely hurted. He just confessed his feeling for Yumi and get rejected. But then, in only a few minutes later he already knew what's making her so gloomy these days and why she didn't accept his love.

What so special with that Hyunggu thing.

***