Chapter 8

Kino arrived in front of dormitory door. He could expect what would happen next. He sighed deeply then opened the door.

Pentagon members were sitting at the sofa while the manager stood, frowning.

"where are you from, " the manager asked.

"I just took a walk," Kino said. He tried avoiding to look at the manager's eyes.

"without telling me? "

The tension atmosphere make the other members silent and no one tried to back up Kino.

Kino bowed in silence.

"Listen, Kang Hyunggu.. You're not in a good condition and you can't even attend the dance class. Kids, your comeback could not be delay anymore, "

"I'm really sorry. I'll not do it again. I'll take care of myself," Kino bowed 90 degree.

The members started looking at each other.

About 3 hours ago...

Kino escaped from the dorm, heading somewhere that he could release his tension. Took a breath outside any buildings made him so relieved.

He took a walk around the Han River. Suddenly,  a man approached him.

"young boy, take this. It's going to rain soon, " the man said while handing an umbrella to him.

"but.. " Kino speechless.

"It's okay.. You give me back this umbrella later, okay? " the man said the he left.

A few seconds later, Kino could feel a drop of water fell on his nose. He quickly opened the umbrella.

He saw a girl in school uniform sitting on the ground. He got worry all of sudden because he thought the girl could be depressed of something then end up crying in the rain.

He approached her. As he saw her face, he became surprise.

"this girl, " he whispered.

The girl thanked him and they're going to a gazebo together.

***

At the library

Yumi sat calmly leaning to a book shelf. She read an English book - Five Feet Apart. Sometimes she would look at Hyeri and her team doing their task at the table.

She's been there for about an hour. She remembered the moment with Kino just now.

***

Flashback

"the rain has stopped. I need to go home," said Yumi while picking her pens into the pencil case.

"Wait, can we meet again? I have something to tell you, " said Kino.

"is it important? " Yumi raised her right eyebrow.

Kino's pupils wandering around. He's speechless. He swallowed.

"urm..okay..forget about it.. "

"I'm kidding, man. So, where can we meet? " Yumi said without changing her expression.

"Uh? Here, tomorrow? " Kino bit his lip.

"urm, okay.. Give me your number, I'll tell you if I can't come, " Yumi opened his palm.

"Uh? " Kino's a bit surprise. "Erm.. If you not arrive here after 5 minutes, I'll go home, "

"okay.. "

A few seconds after Kino left, Yumi saw Hyeri approaching her.

"thank God,he left, " Yumi whispered.

***

End flashback

Suddenly, Yumi's phone vibrated. She quickly walked outside the library. Her mom called.

"Yumi,  where are you? "

"at the library, I'll be home soon, "

"are you there alone?"

"no mom. I'm with Hyeri,"

"okay, be careful, "

"okay mom, Love you. "

After the call ended, Yumi took her bag that she left in the library then hurriedly walked home. She texted Hyeri that she's leaving.

Hyeri's reply,
'Yumi, if you see Minho, tell him that Minju want him to back home immediately'

Yumi replied 'okay'. On her way to home, she saw a boy was running into a dark alley. She knew that's Minho.

She ran to the dark alley. She was wondering about what happened to Minho. Why is he running ?

Yumi stepped into the dark alley that made her couldn't see anything. She called Minho.

Suddenly, someone wrapped his arms around Yumi's face. Her mouth closed with his palm. Yumi tried to free herself from him. She's really scared that she couldn't even move from the man.

"shh..please quite, " the man whispered to her ear.

"Minho?" she knew the voice.

Few moments later, she could hear people's footsteps running around the area.

"where is the boy? "

"you lost him?"

"bring him now!"

"shit, "

They heard the men talked to each other. Yumi's still in puzzled.

After the men left, Minho let off his hands from Yumi. He apologized to her.

"what happened? " Yumi asked curiously.

He gasped. He held both of Yumi's shoulders and bowing his head. He cried.

"hey, why?" Yumi frowned in confusion.

Minho cried louder and fell on his kneel. She hugged Minho in her arms to comfort him.

"shh..the men are not here anymore, " Yumi tried to cajole him while stroking his back gently.

She didn't know what just happened but she knew that Minho and his family has a big problem now. She helped Minho to get up and brought him to his house. She could feel Minho's hands were trembling.

***