Chapter 20

It has been two weeks since the last time Peter has talked to Camryn. Ever since then he's been doing research. Nothing goes in his favor. There's nothing that legally allows him to adopt his kid. He sighs and rubs his temples.

             "Peter, someone is calling you," Karen alerts him. Peter rubs his hands through his hair and sighs one more time. He grabs his phone and hits answer.

              "Hello, is this Peter Parker?" Peter recognized that voice.

              "Grant?" A sigh comes from the phone and then rustling of paper.

               "Okay, this is Peter, good. I think I know a way you can get Camryn back. Can you meet me at that one sandwich shop a couple blocks away from the tower in like 5 minutes?"

                "Um, of course. Yeah I'll be there." Another relieved sigh.

                 "Okay good. I'll see you there Mr.Parker." Peter smiles brightly and starts to get dressed.
—time skip—
                "Hello Mr.Parker. I'm glad you could make it." Peter sits down.

                "You can call me Peter. And I'm glad too." They talk for a little while about how Camryn is and where she is when Grant clears his throat.

                "So, Peter, you can't legally adopt Camryn, but if there is anyone close to you who can until you turn eighteen, then that can happen." Peter smiled before he realized something.

               "Wait, don't you need to be twenty one now to be able to adopt?" Grant sighs.

               "That's how it usually works, but if you're eighteen, have a good job, and a stable place to live, you can legally adopt." Peter sighs again.

               "Thank you Grant. I'll find someone." Grant just nods and gives him a smile before he leaves.
—time skip—
                 Peter is now sitting on the couch with the others surrounding him as he tries to stay calm.

                 "I can't think of anyone that would want to do it. Adopt a kid just to allow another kid to adopt her in the future. That just seems like so much work. No one has time for that." Tony pulls him into a hug and tries to calm him down. The others look at him in sympathy as they think of what they could do. Peter pulls away from Tony and runs his fingers through his hair. He looks at Tony.

                "I'm not gonna be able to do it dad. I tried a few interns, but they said they didn't have time. I can't find anyone who will adopt Camryn." Tony looks at his kid and is about to speak when he is interrupted by Happy.

               "I'll do it kid." They all look up at the voice and then back to the kid to see him with a shocked face.

              "You would actually do that for me Happy?" Happy smiles at the boy.

              "Of course I would kid. You might be annoying sometimes, but I still want you to be happy." Peter runs up to him and pulls him into a tight hug. He's sobbing into the mans chest as he repeats thank you over and over again. The man looks up to see Tony smiling at him equally as thankful.

~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: the plan is in action. Also.... what should my first YouTube video be? I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace