Chapter 29

Endgame is tomorrow and I'm losing my mind.

Tony never left Peters side. It's been weeks and nothing has happened. There have been a few moments of panic when the heart monitor would slow, but there were no signs of him waking up. They didn't let Mj, Ned, Wade, or Camryn see Peter. The team didn't think it would be good for them. His healing still hasn't kicked in. It was just a waiting game now. Bucky was the only one, other than Tony, who also stayed in the room. Peter was like his brother and he didn't want to lose him. He wasn't sitting as close to the boy as Tony was, but he never left the room. The others were in the room often, but they felt the need to leave the three alone most of the time. It was quiet most of the time. Except for all the machines in the room. The sixth week passed and Bruce walked in with a blank expression. He looked at the two awake people in the room and stood at the end of Peters bed. He spoke and his voice was rough and broken.

"We don't think we should be keeping Peter on these machines. We all... we all think that if Peter doesn't get better within two more weeks..." He trails off, but the other two knew what he was going to say. Tony shakes his head as his eyes filled with more tears.

"Bruce, you know we can't do that. He's just a kid. His healing will kick in and he'll be fine. We can't give up on him." He's not above begging if that's what it takes. Bruce looks at the teen with a deep sadness in his eyes before he looks down at the floor.

"I'll try to extend to wait time. But Tony, we don't know if his healing will kick in. It's been weeks and that small cut on his cheek hasn't even started to heal." Tony looked down at his kid and realized Bruce was right. But he's not giving up on him. Not yet.

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I'm planning another book based on my one shot story I wrote a while ago, but I might not publish until this story is finished. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you, in the next chapter. BUH-BYE!!!
~Grace